bassmaster

Hey what lure

60 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2021 at 10:25 AM, bassmaster said:

For fresh water would be amazing for salt if built on steroids

And you didnt think I lurk here......

In-line spinner....mepps.  Jitterbug for big blues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Z-Man Jack-Hammer Chatter Bait could easily be modified for Stripers. It has all the necessary appeal:

  • Vibration caused by head
  • Movement ala the skirt
  • Massive Profile
  • Contrast617879ead6e94_Screenshot2021-10-265_57_45PM.png.3aba16fc9bd84d68e55f03224f93eca9.png

There are a lot of really good, fairly new Musky spinner baits out there and some of them are incredible in the water. Saltwater can gum up a spinner blade quickly though, so something more along the lines of a chatter bait would be more condusive to Striper fishing. 

Edited by CaryGreene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

They make both.   I had some really big Chatterbaits.  I know zman has them up to 3/4 oz. But you can get larger or just add your own blade to bigger jig heads

 

I have a few sw jitterbug.  Problem is they cast like potato chips

Are those just the bigger Arboghast jointed ones or do they actually make saltwater grade jitterbugs?  If someone made a nice wooden salt grade jitterbug style lure with good casting performance, I'd probably buy it....

 

*wink, wink*

Edited by Skunkoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, Skunkoff said:

Are those just the bigger Arboghast jointed ones or do they actually make saltwater grade jitterbugs?  If someone made a nice wooden salt grade jitterbug style lure with good casting performance, I'd probably buy it....

 

*wink, wink*

I have two wood from custom makers about 6" and 3 oz or so

 

Will post a picture

 

I have a Sabre frog for fresh that casts great and really chugs.  Great plug that catches!

surftalk-2.jpg

surftalk-1.jpg

Edited by Captain Ahab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 mins ago, Captain Ahab said:

I have two wood from custom makers about 6" and 3 oz or so

 

Will post a picture

 

I have a Sabre frog for fresh that casts great and really chugs.  Great plug that catches!

surftalk-2.jpg

surftalk-1.jpg

That’s a really solid bass !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a giant version of the Heddon Torpedo. That was my favorite lure for smallmouth until the Whopper Plopper came out. It should be pretty easy to make out of wood as long as you can find a big prop for the back. 
 

02F8FB0B-3286-45E7-B995-638C7E955A95.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skunkoff said:

Are those just the bigger Arboghast jointed ones or do they actually make saltwater grade jitterbugs?  If someone made a nice wooden salt grade jitterbug style lure with good casting performance, I'd probably buy it....

 

*wink, wink*

Lemires makes a giant jitterbug

 

B39438CE-D64A-4555-AED4-4EB31BE511DB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

I have two wood from custom makers about 6" and 3 oz or so

 

Will post a picture

 

I have a Sabre frog for fresh that casts great and really chugs.  Great plug that catches!

surftalk-2.jpg

surftalk-1.jpg

Hawg!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, z-man said:

How about a giant version of the Heddon Torpedo. That was my favorite lure for smallmouth until the Whopper Plopper came out. It should be pretty easy to make out of wood as long as you can find a big prop for the back. 
 

02F8FB0B-3286-45E7-B995-638C7E955A95.jpeg

Great FW topwater.  I use those a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, z-man said:

Lemires makes a giant jitterbug

 

B39438CE-D64A-4555-AED4-4EB31BE511DB.jpeg

That's intriguing.  Been looking for something like this for a while.  Ideally something in 1oz range and another in 2-3oz range.  Surprised that more lure makers haven't made something like this for SW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, deep diver said:

lazy ike

The Lazy Ike | Fishing Talks

 

there you go thank you....make one 6" threw wired......figure out how to keep the belly hook from hanging to low, paint it your worm color and BAM...the action on those are crazy....just like a wiggly bait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skunkoff said:

That's intriguing.  Been looking for something like this for a while.  Ideally something in 1oz range and another in 2-3oz range.  Surprised that more lure makers haven't made something like this for SW.

I always thought that stripers would go nuts for these especially if they were on Bunker

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

32 mins ago, Captain Ahab said:

I always thought that stripers would go nuts for these especially if they were on Bunker

 

Yeah, I've been wanting to try them pre-dawn.  I use them for FW, but looking at the larger "musky" ones in the store, I almost grabbed a couple but the hardware looks like it would disintegrate in salt.

 

Plus the musky ones have too many hooks.

Edited by Skunkoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.