dickd

Boat Slams West Wall

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

While I don’t have all the details, I saw the bow of a power boat about 30’ in length sitting on the West Wall in the Harbor of Refuge. Presumably, the collision occurred around 8 PM Sunday. One observer said the boat hit the wall hard enough to put a hole in the hull. 

Acquantence of mine who I was just messaging with on another forum witnessed it and posted the following ...

"I had an intense night fishing the west wall in RI. Wasn’t catching so I started walking back when a boat passed me heading on a course for the jetty at about 25 knots. It hit about 20 yards from me. I got on the boat and three of four were injured, two fairly seriously. One was unconscious but came to. Boat started sliding in water so I helped them off, which was a bit sketchy. It stopped sinking at a certain point. CG, FD, PD, everyone came. Still not sure how it happened. They must have just come through the opening, and they might have seen my light on the jetty and known it was there (I was the only one out there and walking back with it on). No fish. Seemed fairly dead out there. Still waiting for “fall run” here."

I was wondering where all of those emergency vehicles were heading. I was driving home from the beach and they were all heading in that direction.

1 hour ago, jeffreyrichard said:

" No fish. Seemed fairly dead out there. Still waiting for “fall run” here."

this made me laugh a little