dannyplug1

Danny vs Donny plug

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Been fishing dannies a ton this fall and doing well.  I went to my plug wall and found a Donny plug amongst the dannies.  The Donny is a beachmaster as are the Danny’s that I have.  One question does a Donny have a different action as the same size Danny plug?  Guess I’me asking what’s the difference in action between a Donny and a Danny plug?

Not really sure you can compare action of plugs unless they are from the original builder. Lips are going to be different and the type of wood makes a big difference. I have Danny's by many different builders and they do not swim the same-Similar but not the same.

My favorite is one by Hughey Lures and is made I believe from maple. Great casting Danny and sits lower than others.

Marc

Posted (edited) · Report post

I believe you will find the information you seek from this article - you are asking the difference between a Donny Musso Design swimmer and a Danny Pichney Design swimmer - this is covered in the first 2 sections of the BassDozer article.

* Edited by TimS
Commercial link removed - please don’t post links to commercial sites here, thanks

I mean technically isn’t a danny a donny anyway?  Or is that still up for debate, maybe the donny’s are danny’s?

so your bm danny would be a donny twice removed?

Is the bm donny a surface I’ve only had his jr which was a sinker. Hated it caught nice fish off it but did to much damage to the fish as it had a tendency to spin in heavy currents and rip lips. One plug I’ll never fish again.