lurejunkie00

My season is over.

Rate this topic

300 posts in this topic

can you imagine if you were getting mileage taxed on top of that?

 

I'm looking at 600 miles minimum weekly commuting....If fuel costs rise above 4$/ gallon (which they're on the cusp of) then I get taxed on top of that.......it's gonna get ugly.

 

Start fishing FW....it can be far more rewarding especially if you live in NJ/PA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

can you imagine if you were getting mileage taxed on top of that?

 

I'm looking at 600 miles minimum weekly commuting....If fuel costs rise above 4$/ gallon (which they're on the cusp of) then I get taxed on top of that.......it's gonna get ugly.

 

Start fishing FW....it can be far more rewarding especially if you live in NJ/PA 

Scooby,can you elaborate?

If it doesn't change by ect summer it will e better than 5 slaps a gallon.

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donate money to those opposing the current direction of our government. Guessing the forth time I donating to politicians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the govt is scared they will lose too much gas tax money from electric vehicles so they want to start taxing us by the miles driven. If they got rid of the gas tax first then it probably wouldn’t be that big of a deal but you know they won’t and will be double dipping all of us gas users. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move closer to work. Run multiple errands per trip. Get a more efficient car. Get some exercise if you can - most Americans need it.

If you drive 10k miles/yr @ 25 miles/gal = $400 per dollar increase. 

The more you drive, the more you pay - is there something not fair about that? Roads don't pay for themselves unless you want to go back to tolls. For most people a rise in gas by even a buck is only hundreds of dollars a year. A lot of folks here spend twice that or more on fishing gear. If you drive for work, then you can expense it anyway.

People bitch about gas prices no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, Poisson Idea said:

Move closer to work. Run multiple errands per trip. Get a more efficient car. Get some exercise if you can - most Americans need it.

If you drive 10k miles/yr @ 25 miles/gal = $400 per dollar increase. 

The more you drive, the more you pay - is there something not fair about that? Roads don't pay for themselves unless you want to go back to tolls. For most people a rise in gas by even a buck is only hundreds of dollars a year. A lot of folks here spend twice that or more on fishing gear. If you drive for work, then you can expense it anyway.

People bitch about gas prices no matter what.

How many times and how many different ways can we be taxed ? I thought we already paid fuel tax at the pump and tax on out electric bills ?  Wasnt the money that was collected (on fuel taxes, both state and federal) supposed be used on road maintenance and new highways? 

Instead I believe it is sent in to the general fund to provide politicans with generous benefits and the ability to offer handouts to keep voters on their side.......

I operate a commercial truck for my business and I dont even want to begin to tell you what we are paying on registration, additional fuel and road taxes....with huge increases looming in the not to distant future. 

The idea that business will just be able absorb these increases with out passing it on to consumers is just stupid, get ready for another "economic downturn"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, riggler said:

How many times and how many different ways can we be taxed ? I thought we already paid fuel tax at the pump and tax on out electric bills ?  Wasnt the money that was collected (on fuel taxes, both state and federal) supposed be used on road maintenance and new highways? 

Instead I believe it is sent in to the general fund to provide politicans with generous benefits and the ability to offer handouts to keep voters on their side.......

I operate a commercial truck for my business and I dont even want to begin to tell you what we are paying on registration, additional fuel and road taxes....with huge increases looming in the not to distant future. 

The idea that business will just be able absorb these increases with out passing it on to consumers is just stupid, get ready for another "economic downturn"

Econ 100 or 101 depending on the school and common sense to the HSers and GEDers. If I’m cut rucking or shipping your chit to sell to the masses, I need my cut above the costs including maintenance, parts, fuel. Those cost increases get part & parceled into the parcel. 
 

Inflation is outrageous right now and my pay will not automatically increase nor can I pass that cost on to my customers because they’re my employer’s customers. 
 

So, people unlike me - with a tenuous employment status thanks to a special needs kid family - people without as much need for flexibility & time off, they’ll rotate employers regularly which is required in the rising inflation environment. (Current employees rarely get annual bumps that give performance incentive on TOP of inflation.)

 

And so begins the price / wage spiral. Buy what you need now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 mins ago, EricDice said:

Econ 100 or 101 depending on the school and common sense to the HSers and GEDers. If I’m cut rucking or shipping your chit to sell to the masses, I need my cut above the costs including maintenance, parts, fuel. Those cost increases get part & parceled into the parcel. 
 

Inflation is outrageous right now and my pay will not automatically increase nor can I pass that cost on to my customers because they’re my employer’s customers. 
 

So, people unlike me - with a tenuous employment status thanks to a special needs kid family - people without as much need for flexibility & time off, they’ll rotate employers regularly which is required in the rising inflation environment. (Current employees rarely get annual bumps that give performance incentive on TOP of inflation.)

 

And so begins the price / wage spiral. Buy what you need now. 

Oh by the way, that rotation does not necessarily equal increases in efficiency and I would argue the opposite — which means yet another tax on us regular folk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Poisson Idea said:

Move closer to work. Run multiple errands per trip. Get a more efficient car. Get some exercise if you can - most Americans need it.

If you drive 10k miles/yr @ 25 miles/gal = $400 per dollar increase. 

The more you drive, the more you pay - is there something not fair about that? Roads don't pay for themselves unless you want to go back to tolls. For most people a rise in gas by even a buck is only hundreds of dollars a year. A lot of folks here spend twice that or more on fishing gear. If you drive for work, then you can expense it anyway.

People bitch about gas prices no matter what.

(doesn't remember the last time gas prices shot up - triggering the great recession)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.