giant basshole

Rockhopper plug bag strap

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Another strap that may work is one from a travel bag mfg.

Look up Tom Bihn Absolute Shoulder Strap.

I have one of their large computer bags that weighs a ton once I load it out. The bag and strap have been awesome. Before the rona hit I traveled about every other/three weeks for 11 years and the bag and strap are still like new. I’d love to have a dollar for ever mile that bag has traveled…. Anyway, the strap is very nice and If I had a large heavy plug bag I’d more than likely get one…

Edited by Inshore

On 10/23/2021 at 0:18 PM, giant basshole said:

Anybody use this ? Seems like it would be comfortable. Looking for some feedback before I purchase one . 

6C644769-1D2F-42C5-9DEA-8E1273277974.jpeg

That looks similar to shoulder straps I try to find replacements for.

What is unique about it other than it's branded for surfcasting?

On 10/23/2021 at 4:33 PM, Inshore said:

Another strap that may work is one from a travel bag mfg.

Look up Tom Bihn Absolute Shoulder Strap.

I have one of their large computer bags that weighs a ton once I load it out. The bag and strap have been awesome. Before the rona hit I traveled about every other/three weeks for 11 years and the bag and strap are still like new. I’d love to have a dollar for ever mile that bag has traveled…. Anyway, the strap is very nice and If I had a large heavy plug bag I’d more than likely get one…

That's a good lookin strap. Just ordered one.  36$ shipped....reasonable 

Edited by scoobydoo

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

That looks similar to shoulder straps I try to find replacements for.

What is unique about it other than it's branded for surfcasting?

It’s curved in the center to naturally wrap around your shoulder

1 hour ago, giant basshole said:

It’s curved in the center to naturally wrap around your shoulder

It’s not just the curve it’s also the softness of the material in the curve that goes around your neck. It’s a similar idea as the shoulder strap that scooby ordered except the rockhopper’s strap is made for saltwater usage. The middle section is made of soft material.

Edited by levari

I use this strap. I like it. It’s curved around the shoulder and doesn’t slide as easily as others. It also doesn’t dig in to your neck as much as others when the bag is a little(or a lot) heavy.

Got the rockhopper strap a couple of days ago. It’s a really very nice design. I like the curvature on it and the tacky underside. The strap material itself is a little thinner than I thought it would be and seems to slide through the buckles somewhat easily. It’s still looking like an awesome replacement for the sewn in hand carry strap that was on my gear up bag. 

48 mins ago, WindAndWater said:

Got the rockhopper strap a couple of days ago. It’s a really very nice design. I like the curvature on it and the tacky underside. The strap material itself is a little thinner than I thought it would be and seems to slide through the buckles somewhat easily. It’s still looking like an awesome replacement for the sewn in hand carry strap that was on my gear up bag. 

I did pick one up, haven’t really tested it out but seem like it’s going to work out good.