hotfishgirl

wheelchair friendly trout spot

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, hotfishgirl said:

I'm going to try long pond  first thing in the AM.I'm thinking most guys would make some room for a couple Guys that lost their legs fighting for our country but the things i have seen in a short amount have me definitely worried about the human race.

True.

This might be a good time to call the so-east Mass. fish&game office and let them know what your concerns are. Just saying.

Jess good luck and thank you for YOUR service.

How did that spot work out for you. I never realized how hard it is for wheel chair fishermen till my nephew needed a chair. Theres a few spots but very slim pickings.

@Konajon there are a few piers set up on the Cape that offer accessible fishing ... Downe's Beach, Smuggler's Beach in Yarmouth (mouth of Bass River), Wilber Park in Yarmouth (good school fishing in the Spring), and the Scusset Fishing Pier. 

@hotfishgirl you might want to look at Scargo Lake in Dennis (2 beaches and one ramp), Long Pond in Yarmouth (Wings Grove Beach) and Cliff Pond have potential for access ... I haven't really scouted these spots so I can't give you 1st hand perspective

Also, for next season, think about shore fishing some of the ocean beaches ... Corporation Beach in Dennis, Hardings Beach in Chatham, West Dennis Beach in Dennis. The ultimate would be some Flats fishing at low tide in Dennis at the mouth of Quivett Creek ... with a permit you can drive out onto the flats, and with a beach wheelchair you can get to the water edge and fish for stripers on the flats. I saw an interesting web page listing 15 accessible Cape beach ... some offered beach wheelchairs. Google this

21 hours ago, pogie_boy said:

The ramp and small beach next to it at Peter's pond can be good on occasion.

This spot worked out well. I will be going back in the spring.