DoorGunner

A trip to the Columbus Farmers Market.

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Me, my brother and our buddy took the ride yesterday morning. We had a Kate and Al's pizza for lunch and we all took one home. If you have ever been there you know how good it is. 

IMG_0676.JPG.57319de8cc64a30292af695b418a2a00.JPG 

Posted (edited) · Report post

cheese first , then sauce on top.    had to be made by Polish people.  Rode past there saturday on the bike coming back from Round Valley lake. long ride for pizza from wildwood.  i know, you had to go to Fort Dix .

Edited by coolhandfluke

2 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

Me, my brother and our buddy took the ride yesterday morning. We had a Kate and Al's pizza for lunch and we all took one home. If you have ever been there you know how good it is. 

Sorry Gunner, looks like store bought frozen pizza to me. The best pizza come from the Wooster Street area and made by Italians. They are also round.

I’m sure it’s better than it looks if your willing to go out of your way for it, something to be said about nostalgia and the ability of something as simple as pizza being able take you back in time. 

36 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Sorry Gunner, looks like store bought frozen pizza to me. The best pizza come from the Wooster Street area and made by Italians. They are also round.

The flavor is fantastic. The pans they bake them in are over 50 years old. The crunch of the bottom crust is incredible. It was a Thursday and we had to call an hour and a half ahead of time to get ours for 11:30 am. Six ovens going non atop. Going to enjoy the rest of it in about an hour.  

It is not like any other regular pizza but it is a unique good flavor. I might have to run out there tomorrow 

2 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

The flavor is fantastic. The pans they bake them in are over 50 years old. The crunch of the bottom crust is incredible. It was a Thursday and we had to call an hour and a half ahead of time to get ours for 11:30 am. Six ovens going non atop. Going to enjoy the rest of it in about an hour.  

Sounds like Pepe's, always a line at the door. I'll have to try one to make up my mind, still looks like store bought frozen pizza.:point:

Just now, Bass Ackwards said:

None of the Wooster Street pizzas are worth standing in line for.

2 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

I don't doubt it tastes good but it looks like something someone dropped on the floor.

15 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Hey, that's what I do every time I drive past the lines.

No one in their right mind drives down Wooster Street unless they're going for pizza.

15 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

I don't doubt it tastes good but it looks like something someone dropped on the floor.

The pic was eight hours after it came out of the oven and a sixty mile ride in the back of the car.