AmericanStriper

From a reservoir

19 posts in this topic

Lovely ! And the same slobs that leave all their **it everywhere wonder why places get posted . Nice job picking it all up I do pretty much the same thing . I'd be a millionaire if they were deposits on nip bottles . 

Posted (edited) · Report post

My local reservoir gets pulled down a full 25' each Fall (what was 25' deep in September is dry in December)... after that draw down we find all kinds of stuff that was snagged and lost over the Summer.

Edited by Slacker

19 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

Lovely ! And the same slobs that leave all their **it everywhere wonder why places get posted . Nice job picking it all up I do pretty much the same thing . I'd be a millionaire if they were deposits on nip bottles . 

Good job!!  A deposit on nip bottles is a great idea.  Sick of seeing those things on the side of the road and left out in nature.  

lol, thank you all. I just like to find things like these. Maybe pick up trash along the way (if I can carry them). But again, I only had about 2 hours. If I had more time, I would keep on going.

Thanks for picking all that crap up. Good karma always follows a good deed. I always carry a trash bag in my backpack. I have filled the bag up, and gone back to the same spot a week later, and filled up another bag. The onslaught of garbage is relentless. However, I have pulled many a nice lure out of trees. Some times the sheer amount of terminal tackle attached to these lures is amazing.

19 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Good job man.  I hate people who leave line all over.  Damn trap for birds and critters who die a horrible death

That and when people cut their line when it snags rather then break it off.

Thank you for that AmericanStriper. I do the same thing. I have a few handbaits that I've cleaned up and put new hardware on. Soft plastics are the worst because bass will eat them and then have difficulty digesting.

1 hour ago, MAGA said:

Soft plastics are the worst because bass will eat them and then have difficulty digesting.

I've caught my share of plugged up bass/trout, pulled some bloated senkos out of fish (from either side)...people will lose their minds if you throw a gum wrapper into the lake but not think twice about losing multiple packs of DS soft plastics or wacky rigged senkos in a day.

Guys if you are nose hooking soft plastics, use an Owner CPS spring, screw it deep into the plastic and hook through the plastic + spring - it will drastically reduce the amt of lost baits. And if you're wacky rigging use a rubber O ring or saddle. 

rs.jpg

Speckled-Truth-lures-Sept19.jpg

4 hours ago, buddha162 said:

I've caught my share of plugged up bass/trout, pulled some bloated senkos out of fish (from either side)...people will lose their minds if you throw a gum wrapper into the lake but not think twice about losing multiple packs of DS soft plastics or wacky rigged senkos in a day.

Guys if you are nose hooking soft plastics, use an Owner CPS spring, screw it deep into the plastic and hook through the plastic + spring - it will drastically reduce the amt of lost baits. And if you're wacky rigging use a rubber O ring or saddle. 

rs.jpg

I believe soft plastics will eventually become the new lead when it comes to protecting the environment from the harmful effects of it. There needs to be a safer natural alternative that is easily biodegradable. The amount of litter I see in lakes from soft plastics is unacceptable. I hope something is available soon that works just as good but is safe for fish and the environment. It’s surprising how few people even consider it as a form of pollution. Kudos to you for acknowledging the environmental impact of soft plastics.

8 hours ago, buddha162 said:

rs.jpg

Best way to rig a fluke or worm in my opinion.