ajcarbone8

Ideas for species for info article

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Any ideas for species I should do research on? I will be posting the article for the species in a week or so depending on which species is requested the most. I have already done false albacore and striped bass.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sea Robins! They're a targeted species in Europe where they're called Gurnard, and considered delicious, but scorned here.  As long as we are fish snobs only wanting to target the big sexy species instead of stuff like robins and scup, we'll have stock problems.

Edit: ^^^^ great minds think alike!

Edited by gellfex

i vote Sea Robins as well!  most underappreciated species in my opinion, such a cool fish.  Still boggles my mind people will keep 30 10" porgies for 1/8 lb of meat when you can just catch bigger robins that are delicious!

Lophius Americanus , Monkfish.. goosefish , Diving for lobsters they where always a sight to see. Thanks.

On 10/22/2021 at 0:29 PM, EBHarvey said:

sea robin

On 10/22/2021 at 0:30 PM, odiemike86 said:

sea robin 

On 10/22/2021 at 0:30 PM, gellfex said:

Sea Robins! They're a targeted species in Europe where they're called Gurnard, and considered delicious, but scorned here.  As long as we are fish snobs only wanting to target the big sexy species instead of stuff like robins and scup, we'll have stock problems.

Edit: ^^^^ great minds think alike!

On 10/22/2021 at 1:21 PM, Abe Froman said:

i vote Sea Robins as well!  most underappreciated species in my opinion, such a cool fish.  Still boggles my mind people will keep 30 10" porgies for 1/8 lb of meat when you can just catch bigger robins that are delicious!

Sea Robbins were the first thing to come to my mind. I was interested to see so many people agree. Cool fish, fun to catch. And good eating.