Is Island Beach State Park a Deadzone?

Rate this topic

The Gimp

24 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

Problem is those guys are posting reports from dudes fishing at sandy hook. 

Why are people filling him/them in on SH bite or lack thereof? What kinda Instagram-ho would do… oh wait, social med patient. 

1 min ago, chocodove said:

There’s no fish at SH (dredging) or IBSP (terrible place overall), avoid both. Staten Island is where it’s at. 

Excellent point. And on boats

neither of which count here. 

Edited by EricDice
Don’t count

I never did well here. I’m more of a walker and a jetty guy.  I never drove on the beach, and don’t see myself doing it as long as I can walk.  I known people that do very well here.  I have seen some of their great catches.  I think it’s a combination of right place right time, and driving around.  I have confidence elsewhere, not here. I have mixed feelings about IBSP. 

5 hours ago, oneeyewilly said:

What we enjoy ( fishing ) , is an inexact science . Many factors are involved in what makes a spot hot or not , we try to negate those factors we have control over , however , success is never guaranteed. Sometimes it appears to me that in this day and age , a lot of people fishing have very little tolerance for not attaining instant gratification, despite the best of gear , access to the latest technology ,and more reports , websites and “expert “ advice available than ever before. You see it here , people are incredulous , even insulted that THEY aren’t catching fish , despite taking advantage of everything I mentioned previously. It’s called fishing . 

Nice words if thats what your journey into surf fishing has been. I still like being in the surf at night but I still like action to go along with that, other wise I'd just take a beach walk.

The biggest issue I have with your scrip is that once upon a time in our lives these same places had fish for us to catch while we walked, today, you may as well go to the moon on many nights. So, I still go fishing to catch fish, when I don't catch fish like before, I get agitated.  Pretty normal stuff.  And I'm happy I feel this way, it drives me to catch, which = success for some of us ol' greedy ah's. After all,  almost everyone can go out and get skunked, but who can work a little, try a little, and maybe find a little. Its jutt late October and there is nothing, very frustrating.

Maybe I should go out and have ice cream, old farts like ice cream, pistachio seems like my choice. 

Sunday night, I go and try, no ice cream.

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

49 mins ago, wefish138 said:

You fished it when the main biomass of fish are still up north and didn’t get any action? Weird!

There are, well… should be fish there already and there should be residents too. A guy can complain. Unless only the wives are allowed to vent. ;-)