Fishpond Men's West Bank or Z Wading Belt?

Rate this topic

nfnDrum

I totally love the Z belt, can't say enough good about it. I've had serious back problems for over 30 years, have missed entire fall seasons because of it. The Z belt makes it possible to fish longer with a full plug bag and no pain in neck, shoulders or back. I wish it was around for the past 3+ decades. 

4 hours ago, MattieG said:

I wasn’t familiar with the zbelt. It does look interesting & a lot different than the others out there. Price doesn’t seem bad either. Having said that, my gear-up belt & my ultimate surf belt have been fine for me for all the years I’ve used them. If I needed another belt though I might pickup the z.

where the Z belt excels Mattie is back support....other than that, the rest of the high end surf belts are fine and hold up to three times as much :th:

On 10/21/2021 at 9:09 PM, F1SH said:

I’ve used the zbelt and it’s great but the velcro wore out on mine in five months. And the belt itself just doesn’t seem to handle the abuse like my tiderunner does. I contacted the zbelt company and the owner offered to fix it.

Luke here with Z belts weighing in.  I offer lifetime replacement on velcro for free because it has a fixed cycle life.  I use 20000 cycle count velcro on all my belts.  I personally fish considerably more than the average surfcaster and have to replace my own velcro every other season. I am fine with this because I have to replace my korker soles at least once a season, usually replace my braid 2-3 times per season and service my VS annually. Getting your belt repaired costs the customer 17$ total for to and from shipping and I usually turn them around in a day or two

The more you adjust your belt and take it on and off during fishing the quicker you will wear out the velcro.  I have experimented with other fastening methods but have not found one that can match the comfort and range of adjustability as the current offering. The roller lock buckle that comes standard with the gen2 extends the life and provides extra security for swimming.

Furthermore the Gen2 has 20% more usable belt space than the gen1 and I developed the Gen2 slim to allow fisherman that do not have great trunk twist range of motion to wear the belt offset so they can get the plug bag further around to the front. I also introduced 3 additional sizes to accommodate more anglers. 

The z belt was originally designed for my fishing style.  That is one where the plug bag and or tools will never be able to swing past the front of the hip.  I like all my stuff secured behind my elbows so it doesn’t interfere with my cast or rod maneuvering. I have good trunk twist mobility so I have no issues accessing my plugs or tools. 

I really appreciate all of the positive feedback I see on here and other platforms for my product.  As you can see by the evolution of the gen2 I take customer feedback and incorporate it into my products. So keep the feedback coming!

Keep them taught boys

Luke 

Edited by TimS
Welcome - please don't post commercial contact info here or promote your products/business - you are welcome to discuss the topic and respond to questions...as long as it doesn't become 'business' :-)

2 hours ago, lznosko said:

Luke here with Z belts weighing in.  I offer lifetime replacement on velcro for free because it has a fixed cycle life.  I use 20000 cycle count velcro on all my belts.  I personally fish considerably more than the average surfcaster and have to replace my own velcro every other season. I am fine with this because I have to replace my korker soles at least once a season, usually replace my braid 2-3 times per season and service my VS annually. Getting your belt repaired costs the customer 17$ total for to and from shipping and I usually turn them around in a day or two

The more you adjust your belt and take it on and off during fishing the quicker you will wear out the velcro.  I have experimented with other fastening methods but have not found one that can match the comfort and range of adjustability as the current offering. The roller lock buckle that comes standard with the gen2 extends the life and provides extra security for swimming.

Furthermore the Gen2 has 20% more usable belt space than the gen1 and I developed the Gen2 slim to allow fisherman that do not have great trunk twist range of motion to wear the belt offset so they can get the plug bag further around to the front. I also introduced 3 additional sizes to accommodate more anglers. 

The z belt was originally designed for my fishing style.  That is one where the plug bag and or tools will never be able to swing past the front of the hip.  I like all my stuff secured behind my elbows so it doesn’t interfere with my cast or rod maneuvering. I have good trunk twist mobility so I have no issues accessing my plugs or tools. 

I really appreciate all of the positive feedback I see on here and other platforms for my product.  As you can see by the evolution of the gen2 I take customer feedback and incorporate it into my products. So keep the feedback coming!

Keep them taught boys

Luke 

Shipped my belt to you on Monday. Thanks Luke!