nfnDrum

Fishpond Men's West Bank or Z Wading Belt?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I’ve used the zbelt and it’s great but the velcro wore out on mine in five months. And the belt itself just doesn’t seem to handle the abuse like my tiderunner does. I contacted the zbelt company and the owner offered to fix it.

I have the gen1 zbelt.  My take: It's a little awkward to get on, but not a show stopper.  As far as back support, I'm uncomfortable with it cranked down tight enough for it to provide a lot of support.  The big upside for me is how easy I can slide my bag around form my back when it's needed.  I've only had it out a few times so I can't speak on it's durability.  Overall I like it a lot.     

21 hours ago, Frede said:

I have the gen1 zbelt.  My take: It's a little awkward to get on, but not a show stopper.  As far as back support, I'm uncomfortable with it cranked down tight enough for it to provide a lot of support.  The big upside for me is how easy I can slide my bag around form my back when it's needed.  I've only had it out a few times so I can't speak on it's durability.  Overall I like it a lot.     

can you fit another bag or pouch on the other side of the Z-Belt?

3 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

I have a 3 tube bag on mine and there’s plenty room for a pouch or possibly a small bag

12 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

Yes. I have my 2 tube bag along with a pouch and my d ring that I hang my boga on.

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

You can.  On one side of the belt a bag will slide a lot.....sorry can't give you exact distance.  The other side has a belt that slides less but I've yet to attach anything to it.  I'm hoping I can attach my 8" pouch on that side AND slide it around so it's not under my arm.  

Edited by Frede

10 hours ago, Frede said:

You can.  On one side of the belt a bag will slide a lot.....sorry can't give you exact distance.  The other side has a belt that slides less but I've yet to attach anything to it.  I'm hoping I can attach my 8" pouch on that side AND slide it around so it's not under my arm.  

See that’s the problem right there.  That space is very very tight on the one side.  I really don’t know if you can fit a 9” pouch there.  Then, if you can, you won’t be able to slide it slightly behind and out of the way of your arm and rod handle.  You will be inconvenienced by this.

54 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

See that’s the problem right there.  That space is very very tight on the one side.  I really don’t know if you can fit a 9” pouch there.  Then, if you can, you won’t be able to slide it slightly behind and out of the way of your arm and rod handle.  You will be inconvenienced by this.

Mmmm yeah that will be a problem.  Likely a show stopper for the belt.  Thanks for the info....I'll be able to test it next week.  Is yours a gen 1 or 2?

On 10/23/2021 at 11:59 PM, Frede said:

Mmmm yeah that will be a problem.  Likely a show stopper for the belt.  Thanks for the info....I'll be able to test it next week.  Is yours a gen 1 or 2?

I don't have one but tried one on at the beach from a fellow surfcaster........and i quickly saw these limitations.  it really is a damn shame also cause that thing has great back support for those who experience back fatigue.  They have to figure something out with that to make this an out flat awesome belt.

49 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

I don't have one but tried one on at the beach from a fellow surfcaster........and i quickly saw these limitations.  it really is a damn shame also cause that thing has great back support for those who experience back fatigue.  They have to figure something out with that to make this an out flat awesome belt.

Yeah I absolutely love the zbelt with my new AIO bag. Unfor the bag doesn't really have room for bucktails.  I'm going to see if a small pouch gets in the way on the opposite side, or if I can use the AIO and a bucktail pouch on the same side.  I going to try and make something work.  I wonder if Luke addressed this limitation with his gen2...  

I wasn’t familiar with the zbelt. It does look interesting & a lot different than the others out there. Price doesn’t seem bad either. Having said that, my gear-up belt & my ultimate surf belt have been fine for me for all the years I’ve used them. If I needed another belt though I might pickup the z.

16 mins ago, Frede said:

Yeah I absolutely love the zbelt with my new AIO bag. Unfor the bag doesn't really have room for bucktails.  I'm going to see if a small pouch gets in the way on the opposite side, or if I can use the AIO and a bucktail pouch on the same side.  I going to try and make something work.  I wonder if Luke addressed this limitation with his gen2...  

Eat more. :th: