Lower Your Expectations, Ignore $4+ Gas, Empty Shelves, Lower Thermostat

Rate this topic

flyangler

3 mins ago, flyangler said:

Transcript of the entire exchange from whitehouse.gov, you decide to what she was referring:

617c1ce15d204_ScreenShot2021-10-29at12_09_21PM.png.c1d8d5637f51218924c972207a7f36f1.png

Yeah I stand by my post.   She is correlating online shopping to imports.   Not sure if she can back that up with actual data.   As we know democrats just say stuff

2 mins ago, The Dude said:

She's right. The uptick in consumption is a big part of the supply chain mess. Not sure why that's bad to say.

Thanks for your support Bob.

Hugs and Kiss

Your Pal, 

Jen

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

2 mins ago, The Dude said:

She's right. The uptick in consumption is a big part of the supply chain mess. Not sure why that's bad to say.

Why would the supply chain not be able to handle an uptick in consumption?  Is it any higher than it was a year ago or 2 years ago?  

Sounds like back of a napkin guesswork to me

8 mins ago, flyangler said:

Transcript of the entire exchange from whitehouse.gov, you decide to what she was referring:

617c1ce15d204_ScreenShot2021-10-29at12_09_21PM.png.c1d8d5637f51218924c972207a7f36f1.png

The writer of the article has decided that she's "blaming" consumers which implies that there's a pejorative mindset here, as if she's slapping the wrists of the American consumer.

What I see is that Psaki is describing reasons for the "massive increase in volume." She's stating things that could have lead to it.

I don't see that she's dissing American consumers.

<p><p></p></p>

3 mins ago, JimG said:

Why would the supply chain not be able to handle an uptick in consumption?  Is it any higher than it was a year ago or 2 years ago?  

Sounds like back of a napkin guesswork to me

Very much so. When everyone stopped going out to dinner or spending money on vacations, they used the money saved to buy LOTS of stuff. Add in COVID disruptions and just in time inventory management and you have a perfect storm. 

7 mins ago, JimG said:

Uptick in consumption is a good spin.  

Hold my beer, gonna check with Bloomberg....

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

10 mins ago, The Dude said:

Of course, it's not bad at all. The article puts the writer's impression of her statement in the text as if it's fact that Psaki is literally dissing American consumers.

<p><p></p></p>

5 mins ago, Bass2Snook said:

I don't see that she's dissing American consumers.

This Administration ****s  up optics and messaging just like they **** up literally everything and anything they touch 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James