MikeK

2010 Hobie pro angler value?

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

What's a fair price for a barely used 2010 hobie pro angler 14 ft?  It has been lightly used a handful of times and garage stored for the last 10 years or so.  Comes with mirage fins, supper cart etc.

Also anything to look for structurally?  I believe it has been stored in a sling.  Seat and mirage well cracks seem like common issues is see reports on.

Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by MikeK
Sp

Maybe it’s just me but a barely used boat with cracked hull/well and seat is not worth anything to me. A barely used garage kept kayak should not have any cracks so there must be a serious design or material flaw. Perhaps this is why it’s barely used. I’d be wondering how bad the cracking issue would be if the kayak were used regularly. Kayak crack repair seems iffy at best and the cracks are in areas of greatest stress. I would run from it and not look back.

From reading the OP, he is asking what to look for, acknowledging that some Hobies have had issues.  I don't believe this one has those issues.  Could be wrong (I was once in '89)!

10 hours ago, MikeK said:

What's a fair price for a barely used 2010 hobie pro angler 14 ft?  It has been lightly used a handful of times and garage stored for the last 10 years or so.  Comes with mirage fins, supper cart etc.

Also anything to look for structurally?  I believe it has been stored in a sling.  Seat and mirage well cracks seem like common issues is see reports on.

Thanks for your feedback.

Bring a squirt bottle with detergent and portable pump with tapered nozzle. The one for air mattress works great. Close the hatches and get the air in there and spray. Moat leaks you will find easily. The drivewell crack some times needs the drive in and pedal depressed to see. 

50 percent of the retail value or less is fair. 

3 hours ago, poopdeck said:

Maybe it’s just me but a barely used boat with cracked hull/well and seat is not worth anything to me. A barely used garage kept kayak should not have any cracks so there must be a serious design or material flaw. Perhaps this is why it’s barely used. I’d be wondering how bad the cracking issue would be if the kayak were used regularly. Kayak crack repair seems iffy at best and the cracks are in areas of greatest stress. I would run from it and not look back.

There are no known cracks.  The yak is owned by a family member and is not being used.  I think it was bought as a left over and used less than 5 times.  I am trying to assess what the fair value is and work out a trade.

The reference to cracks was more along where I should look.  I don't anticipate any, but have not seen the yak in 5 years. 

1 min ago, The Riddler said:

Bring a squirt bottle with detergent and portable pump with tapered nozzle. The one for air mattress works great. Close the hatches and get the air in there and spray. Moat leaks you will find easily. The drivewell crack some times needs the drive in and pedal depressed to see. 

50 percent of the retail value or less is fair. 

Thank you.  I have been trying to get this yak for a couple years as it deserves to be fished and not hiding in a garage.  I plan to leave my tarpon locked up at a private lake for me, my wife and her friends to use and the hobie would be my new yak for all other places.

I just bought a mint 2016 PA14 with a trailer and a ton of extras for $3750.  I'd say subtract $500 for the trailer and maybe another $200 for the live well.  Mine also has a Lowrance chartplotter GPS and a standing bar, so maybe $2500, tops?