Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike D

Need a New Rod. Help me.

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Busted my favorite rod for 8 years in April. It was a sample of a brand name rod that I was given years ago and cannot buy another one mad.gif I bought a 7' lami inshore conv. and the handle is too long. There's no rod to load a cast with.

I need MH 7' or 7'6" conventional rod that has a strong base but enough flex to throw 1 oz. to 2 oz bucktails or plugs. I don't want a long grip i.e. 24+" on the lami.

The rod I busted was 7' and had 20" of cork from butt to end of handle and could cast bucktails off a jetty like a dream.

Any suggestions?

[ 05-23-2005, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Mike D ]

custom?

you could get a pink one then! wink.gif

seriously, look into the custom rods. you can have it built pretty much like you want it. it's kinda nice.

lots of blanks out there in that range to choose from... find one that fits your budget, talk to a rod builder and go for it.

I have been complaining about reel seat placement for a long time. Many of today's rods have too much cork below the seat, at least IMO.

There are also some rods with too little cork below the seat. It makes you wonder if rod designers are fisherman.