fmtuna

Decals or no decals?

52 posts in this topic

Well for me this is an obvious answer :-), but when I ran this thread on another board it was alot of fun seeing what guys had their buggies, tow vehicles, boats and cars done up with... and some guys who just w-e-n-t OFF about not putting stuff on or took the whole "Salt-Life" laugh to a whole new level...

So..... decals.... or no decals?  Post 'em up[

InkedTruck1_LI.jpg

my old truck was covered in fishy stickers.  When I got a new truck (actually a toyota rav 4) i decided  to go with out stickers.  Reason being that the car looks less inconspicuous while parked in a place I am not supposed to be.  Stealth baby stealth.

I'll admit I like the look of a beach buggy. Cooler racks, rod racks and decals.  I stay plain. If you don't see me leave or approach my vehicle, you wouldn't know I was there to fish.  I found most of my fishing spots driving and looking for these vehicles.  Drive the shore line and you'll know where the fish are. 

There is an advantage to stealth, it just makes it too easy when you see a car parked in a fishing spot with sj and costa stickers. It may be a negligible difference but I sure don't wanna be noticed.

I think there fine if you are supporting a local B&T or product you really like. Unfortunately my truck isn't too stealthy no matter if I didn't have stickers or covered all the windows

truck skewed.jpg

My personal preference is the clean, no sticker look. I even go so far as to remove the dealer advertising stickers and at times any other factory type stickers. I don't hate on anyone if they like the sticker look. It's your truck. Do what makes you happy.

4 hours ago, slicedcornbread said:

My personal preference is the clean, no sticker look. I even go so far as to remove the dealer advertising stickers and at times any other factory type stickers. I don't hate on anyone if they like the sticker look. It's your truck. Do what makes you happy.

I’ll never understand people who leave dealer stickers on their vehicle. I paid for the vehicle, didn’t sign up to be a rolling advertisement for a guy with a 200’ mega-yacht (looking at you Herb Chambers). Have always asked the dealer to remove their sticker and I remove the license plate cover if there is one. 

My brother didn’t own a car for a bunch of years while in the city then buys one so I drive him to pick it up. During the walk around I tell the salesman to remove the dealer emblem. He says “Oh, it’s easy for you to remove that if you want”. The look I gave him was apparently enough for him to say “We’ll remove it”. 

I rock the blank slate.  Don't want peeps being able to easily identify my rig.  I feel it also potentially helps avoiding parking tickets when you are in a questionable parking situation. Better to blend in than stick out in some situations.

8 hours ago, PlumFishing said:

I’ll never understand people who leave dealer stickers on their vehicle. I paid for the vehicle, didn’t sign up to be a rolling advertisement for a guy with a 200’ mega-yacht (looking at you Herb Chambers). Have always asked the dealer to remove their sticker and I remove the license plate cover if there is one. 

My brother didn’t own a car for a bunch of years while in the city then buys one so I drive him to pick it up. During the walk around I tell the salesman to remove the dealer emblem. He says “Oh, it’s easy for you to remove that if you want”. The look I gave him was apparently enough for him to say “We’ll remove it”. 

Exactly. :th:

4 hours ago, t_man7 said:

:agree:

Or the company I’m advertising for pays me. A roadside billboard add costs $ but we pay for a decal to advertise for them.  They figured that out well. Same with hats $25 for a ball cap advertising for them. Smart.