stifftip

Pulaski what have you heard ?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Going to Pski in two wks . First trip this season . It’s a little early for good steelhead fishing (snow 3ft deep)but you don’t know unless you go , I was told that there’s lots of browns and kings and cohos  it’s a good mix everyone breeding and feeding  only problem is the crowd , everyone is fishing the Hollywood hot spots  but it u know how u can find fish and head room.   Btw I’ve been at this insanity sense 1973  my first trip was with this old guy with a 8mm camera spring steelhead fishing that was Paul kukonen. Salmon ru It was a unknown fishing resource in a poor unknown town . For years we had it to a small group  but in the late 70s  it turned into hard hat combat fishing drag and snag bump and pump  sang hook fishing  some were snagging for the eggs alone .  It went crazy  just like the canal. I went to winter steelhead much more civilized it has gotten better  

3 hours ago, stifftip said:

Going to Pski in two wks . First trip this season . It’s a little early for good steelhead fishing (snow 3ft deep)but you don’t know unless you go , I was told that there’s lots of browns and kings and cohos  it’s a good mix everyone breeding and feeding  only problem is the crowd , everyone is fishing the Hollywood hot spots  but it u know how u can find fish and head room.   Btw I’ve been at this insanity sense 1973  my first trip was with this old guy with a 8mm camera spring steelhead fishing that was Paul kukonen. Salmon ru It was a unknown fishing resource in a poor unknown town . For years we had it to a small group  but in the late 70s  it turned into hard hat combat fishing drag and snag bump and pump  sang hook fishing  some were snagging for the eggs alone .  It went crazy  just like the canal. I went to winter steelhead much more civilized it has gotten better  

Wait till the Bell Rd crowd discovers it.

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Wait till the Bell Rd crowd discovers it.

If it was a half hour from the Cape, I'd agree. But I'm guessing those guys wouldn't travel the six plus hours. Then again, I never would have predicted 20 yrs ago the Canal would be as popular as it is. 

50 mins ago, bdowning said:

If it was a half hour from the Cape, I'd agree. But I'm guessing those guys wouldn't travel the six plus hours. Then again, I never would have predicted 20 yrs ago the Canal would be as popular as it is. 

Watching YouTube videos of the canal with my kid I've seen plenty of guys from alot further away.