Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clambellies

How do you carry your albie lures?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Finally putting away with my albie lures that I carried for the MV Derby.  They need a rest.  lol   I carried two Plano boxes for weeks in an inexpensive shoulder tackle bag.   Having multiple Hogys in each of the slots in the boxes led to some world class treble tangles.   I'm curious to see if anyone has a better, more efficient way to carry them.

albie lures.jpg - 1.jpg

Damn, that organized box makes my head hurt.:)

All my boxes are mixed and tangled. It's not good, I often struggle when fish are breaking and the one lure I want is invariably tangled beyond hope. But I'm too old to learn to be organized or neat.

3 hours ago, clambellies said:

Finally putting away with my albie lures that I carried for the MV Derby.  They need a rest.  lol   I carried two Plano boxes for weeks in an inexpensive shoulder tackle bag.   Having multiple Hogys in each of the slots in the boxes led to some world class treble tangles.   I'm curious to see if anyone has a better, more efficient way to carry them.

albie lures.jpg - 1.jpg

That's neat compared to mine

I went to a very small bag and small box.  Stuff it with what I like and it is nice and light.  

In reality you are likely using only 2 or 3 different jigs 90% of the time anyway once you hit the beach

8 hours ago, C.Robin said:

Switch to inlines, they work fine for albies.

I do carry a box of inlines, various colors & sizes for the days when the water is weedy.   

I typically bring 4 rods...and if it's not on a rod and rigged....it probably isn't going see the water. I still bring 5 boxes that look about like that, or worse...cause, well, you never know..right?

I do like the inlines..... but I'm starting to wonder if they don't get sucked down into the gills more.

I have all my Hogy expoxies in a plano box. I use the packaging to help keep them seperate from each other. I'll group them by size, having about 3 in their original plastic bag. It helps to cut down on hook tangles.

17 hours ago, C.Robin said:

Switch to inlines, they work fine for albies.

Miss a lot more fish on inlines than I do with treble hooks and when fishing the Derby I hate missing fish 

1 hour ago, MVDCGTO said:

Miss a lot more fish on inlines than I do with treble hooks and when fishing the Derby I hate missing fish 

I haven’t found that to be an issue as long as the hook size is big enough, I generally go up two sizes from what the treble was.

1 hour ago, MVDCGTO said:

I'm with you on trebles for the Derby.  It's way too important an event (as you well know) to drop a fish.

I use tubes. 5.31x0.86in works for me. 2 in each one. Like others, I was tired of the hook tangles. 

C581EEF2-83B7-46DD-AEDB-6F23EC348CAF.jpeg

9DB8407C-3330-4A96-9391-8C62569B2ECE.jpeg

19 mins ago, C.Robin said:

I haven’t found that to be an issue as long as the hook size is big enough, I generally go up two sizes from what the treble was.

Well from my experience I missed 4 fish back to back in one morning this past derby then I switched it out for a treble and the next 7 fish that day all were landed.  Same lure just different hook.   

1 min ago, The Riddler said:

I use tubes. 5.31x0.86in works for me. 2 in each one. Like others, I was tired of the hook tangles. 

C581EEF2-83B7-46DD-AEDB-6F23EC348CAF.jpeg

9DB8407C-3330-4A96-9391-8C62569B2ECE.jpeg

I like this idea.  Would cut down on what I carry but I bring too much with me anyway lol