lurejunkie00

Warning; post office has gone woke

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

I shipped a package about a week ago.  It cost $8.55.  Just shipped an identical package, new price $12.70.  I guess they found a way to bring in some more income, but only from the rich people    

PO add a news announcement a month ago, that from this forward through the end of the year, shipping costs will increase and some mail will slow down. 

Whats odd is the time frame of these months involved. 

3 mins ago, Birdsnester said:

I sell on Amazon and EBay and in the last week shipping has gone up about 10% for me

I've seen the same thing.

Costs of everything are going up.  If you want/need something, buy it now...

They called it Peak holiday fee addon.  On top of whatever you are paying. From Oct 3 till end of the year.  Luckly, it's only "transitory" .

4 mins ago, John B said:

I've seen the same thing.

Costs of everything are going up.  If you want/need something, buy it now...

Evidently the PO is Billions in debt.  So rather than run it like a corporation, they will simply raise prices.  The next PO will be Amazon IMO

4 hours ago, lurejunkie00 said:

I shipped a package about a week ago.  It cost $8.55.  Just shipped an identical package, new price $12.70.  I guess they found a way to bring in some more income, but only from the rich people    

I don’t think you know what “woke” means 

3 hours ago, Birdsnester said:

Evidently the PO is Billions in debt.  So rather than run it like a corporation, they will simply raise prices.  The next PO will be Amazon IMO

Because it’s not like any other business. They have a requirement to deliver to every address in the country. They go places that fed ex and ups won’t go. 

Just sent a lens for repair south jersey to new york . Lens weights about 7lbs, ups box and bubble wrap $5 another $5 for $500 insurance. I had them pack it, if damaged they make good for the value of item. Total $41

10 mins ago, Finneus said:

Because it’s not like any other business. They have a requirement to deliver to every address in the country. They go places that fed ex and ups won’t go. 

They are not doing a very good job.  Packages that I send are constantly late.  My customers get ticked off at me.  It costs me money, but the customer never seems to understand that it’s out of my hands.  I am not alone.  So they just raised prices and cut services.  

20 mins ago, Birdsnester said:

They are not doing a very good job.  Packages that I send are constantly late.  My customers get ticked off at me.  It costs me money, but the customer never seems to understand that it’s out of my hands.  I am not alone.  So they just raised prices and cut services.  

Understood, I'm not commenting on their quality of service at all. I'm just pointing out that their mandate is unique and not something any for profit business would attempt to do.