MAGA

Damiki Slim Jack Jerkbaits

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone used these? If not, what jerkbaits are you throwing from the bank? Or do you just tie on a super fluke?

3 hours ago, MAGA said:

Has anyone used these? If not, what jerkbaits are you throwing from the bank? Or do you just tie on a super fluke?

Anything you would throw from the boat/kayak, and it can work well if you have deep water close in. I'll tune my JBs to very, very slowly float if fishing from shore, as opposed to perfectly suspend if from boat/yak. Almost always hitting bottom at some point from the bank, and a slow floater means I can usually let it float over any snags and get it back. To me a JB is all about depth management - if you can reach the break and fish are suspended say 12ft down looking up (and there's good water clarity), sometimes they would ignore a 12ft diving JB but will come up and KILL something flashing around at 5ft. Most of the time you want to be within 4 or 5ft of the fish, esp if it's cold. 

I'm really liking the Jackall Rerange 110s, both original (4-6ft) and the new MR (6-9ft). They cast like a bullet, and they won't blow out no matter how you work them - very user friendly baits. They do very well with light up-jerks to maintain depth, and that's good if half your cast is over shallow water. They also have a tougher bill than the Vision 110s so if you do jerk it right into a rock it won't crack lol. 

Also a fan of the Duo Realis 120SP - great caster, thick plastic/bill, better colors than the Rerange, a little more finicky to tip work/cadence...every now and then the front hook will grab the line.

PXL_20211018_221329529.NIGHT.jpg

I fish from a boat towards the bank and never from the bank. However, My new favorite JB is a rapala shadow rap slow sink. I don’t like my JB’s to rise. I can deal with them suspending but I prefer them to sink ever so slowly on the pause. The Shadow Rap turns sharply to the side with a slight twitch with little forward movement. I like it because covers ground very slowly, sinks ever so slowly and turns sharply to the left and right when jerked. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks. I'm currently using the Rapala Shadow Rap Shad and X-Rap Jerkbaits. I can get them down to the 3ft range. I was looking for something that would suspend but not dive as deep. Just curious what else is out there. 

Edited by MAGA

On 10/21/2021 at 11:06 AM, MAGA said:

Thanks. I'm currently using the Rapala Shadow Rap Shad and X-Rap Jerkbaits. I can get them down to the 3ft range. I was looking for something that would suspend but not dive as deep. Just curious what else is out there. 

LC Flash Minnow 95 and 110 only dives to 2-2.5ft, shallower if you up line size.