Auce

Electrical contact needs to be reattached.

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I was doing a bulb swap on my truck and one the contacts came loose. The pics are from the rear/truck dome light. The bottom circle (in yellow) is where the contact came loose from, the picture of it in my hand is the piece I need to reattach. I'm assuming super glue won't work right? I don't have a solder gun and they are tiny pieces/spaces. Any suggestions as how to reattach it? Someone suggested an metal epoxy of sorts. I'm at a loss as what to do, I'm also not the handiest of guys. I'm going to post this in the beach buggy forum also. Thanks in advance. 

-Joe

dome1.jpeg

dome2.jpg

I think it's time for a soldering iron. It's not rocket science. A cheapie from anywhere will do. Harbor Freight has one for $5, $4 after you use the 20% coupon easily findable online.  Make sure you have flux or rosin core solder. Maybe watch a Youtube.

1 hour ago, ted527 said:

Drill out rivet and use tiny nut and bolt

^This is probably your best option a soldering iron will likely melt or warp the plastic bezel.

Got lucky. I reversed the pin, pain in the butt because it was so tiny but it worked, No glue, solder etc needed. Thanks again for all the suggestions. LED's are a much better improvement. Not too harsh on the eyes and beats those 20 year old bulbs that were pretty dim.

led1.jpg

led2.jpg