Davidwhiting

Outcast 1507-2 Value

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I have a Hatteras Outfitters 1507-2 2 piece Outcast rod built by Hatteras Outfitters in 2005. I know these rods are rare and coveted. I paid over 300.00 for this rod in 2005. Anyone  know todays value. Thanks in advance!

16344093077881850660967762362083.jpg

20$

It's nothing more than a used / beat up looking .....could blow up on the next cast.

If it were pristine.......50...maybe.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

20$

It's nothing more than a used / beat up looking .....could blow up on the next cast.

Sounds like I hit a  nerve

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

20$

Brutal.

17 mins ago, Davidwhiting said:

Ya shoulda told a joke for post 1.

2 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Sounds like you were hoping for a valuable treasure, and are disappointed.

More brutal.

2 hours ago, Davidwhiting said:

It's a 15 year old used fishing rod that had a 300$ msrp. 

If it's as rashed up as it is at the label.. I wouldn't trust it. 

It wasn't a widely distributed rod so it's likely not many were ordered when it was produced... Which means more $$$ to make and and possibly an inflated 300$ msrp to begin with. 

You posted on a public forum... I gave you my answer. 

There may be someone who will pay through the teeth for it.. Not sure who that is... But it isn't me. 

It would take a very special rod in very good condition for me to open my wallet. 

The market for that rod is in south eastern NC. Never heard talk of it. Being this is a predominantly north east site with only a few of the drum crown checking through you would be better off looking on one of the more down south forums. I know a couple guys on one who could point you in the right direction. 

In my opinion if you resell for 1/2 to 2/3 of what you paid for something that you used and took care of  depending on age of said item, both parties are getting a good deal. That rod would definitely have more appeal and potential value down south IMHO

Hey David,

First, it is not a Hatteras Outfitters 1507-2 2 piece Outcast.  It was designed by IRW (Hawaii) and made in South Korea.

Second, I believe it was Shakespeare that gave notice to IRW to quit using their Outcast trademark. IRW complied with their demands.

I looked up the Outcast trademark and at the time the trademark was only for fishing line.

For a while the manufacturer would produce the same models under the Big Catch label. This was after the Outcast model was in the market for about two years.

Since I am a senior citizen, I can not vouch for the accuracy of happenings over 15 years ago.

However, a text from 8/9/21 reads "I'm still looking for launcher model rods. Either outcast or big catch. 

Please let me know if you know of any."

The Launcher was a longer blank rated to 5 or 6 ounces.

There was a shorter blank that was either 12' or 12' 6". It was for the Big Island and more for larger fish.

Does your blank have a model name?

If you decide to refinish the blank, DON'T. Both the label and color of the blank point to it being an IRW design and import.

Hope this helps,

Don