Surf Angler 1989

Wanted: Surf and Jetty Casting Fishing Guide in Monmouth County

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I’m an intermediate fisherman looking to hone my skills in surf and jetty casting. Most of the guides I come across in my research are for fly fishing. Does anyone know of any contacts in the Monmouth County that can take me out front and give me a few lessons. I specifically want to work on my retrieves with buck tails, pencil poppers, little necks, spooks, and minnows. 

I would appreciate any leads. 

Shell Caris - should be able to find him on social media. If not hit up Grumpy's they will get you in touch. Pretty sure he still guides from time to time.

12 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

take a ride to Montauk and fish with Bill Wetzel..

Great idea! I watch his videos online and really enjoy them. It would be great to fish with him in person. 

2 hours ago, cec127 said:

Shell Caris - should be able to find him on social media. If not hit up Grumpy's they will get you in touch. Pretty sure he still guides from time to time.

100%.. can contact him thru Shore Catch Guides.... Shelle really knows his sh*t...

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Surf Angler 1989 said:

Great idea! I watch his videos online and really enjoy them. It would be great to fish with him in person. 

His rates are good and Bill will show you the right way.............

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

1 hour ago, fmtuna said:

100%.. can contact him thru Shore Catch Guides.... Shelle really knows his sh*t...

I would 2nd Shore Catch- they all know there stuff and have a lot of experience