jetty eddy

surf cams

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I check 2 Nj Sites like  Earth Cam Live. & New Jersey Beach Cams.  Earth Cam is from NJ the around the World/ photo is just now Ses Side park this morning the NJBC  -- Showing Asbury Park Beach Cam showed massive breaking Schools most likely Bunker and a Big fleet of Boats just north of there and a few on the breaking schools only 4 fishing the Jettys,  1 from the beach. 

1634320115828.jpg

1 hour ago, el_tsunami said:

Many of the beach cams are obstructed by huge dunes and football field spans of replenishment

More beach replenishment 

I have a fishing buddy that’s one of those super tech-savvy guys. Sort of a nerd. Odd combination with that personality but he’s just as at home cutting chunks from a bunker or slicing them into chum and launching into the surf as he is behind a keyboard doing whatever mundane office work is required. He’s got a camera equipped high end drone he brings fishing on occasion. Comes in handy from time to time. ‘Specially this time of year with the clock ticking on the end of the season and small pods of bunker popping here there and everywhere. We use it to look for evidence of feeding on the individual pods and also to determine at night in the harbor whether the splashes we’re hearing and sort of seeing are bait just being stupid or if they’re actually actively being fed upon. It’s kinda a neat little combination of instinct and experience coupling with modern tech

On 10/16/2021 at 6:25 PM, Danny1199 said:

I just use em to see what the beach conditions are like. 

I am an hour away in North Jersey, I use them to see conditions as well! 

Same as above. Not from North Jers tho, haha!

I rarely use them and typically just go or use noaa reports. On the rare occasion I do look, usually just for fun and/or conditions. A couple times I've seen bird activity or mobbed beaches but that never changed how I (am able to) make my trips to the suds. Outside of avoiding that one beach that one day, haha!

On 10/15/2021 at 1:54 PM, Cheeckakoe said:

I check 2 Nj Sites like  Earth Cam Live. & New Jersey Beach Cams.  Earth Cam is from NJ the around the World/ photo is just now Ses Side park this morning the NJBC  -- Showing Asbury Park Beach Cam showed massive breaking Schools most likely Bunker and a Big fleet of Boats just north of there and a few on the breaking schools only 4 fishing the Jettys,  1 from the beach. 

1634320115828.jpg

You used to have a much better view before they put that completely unnecessary dune there. 

On 10/15/2021 at 1:57 PM, jetty eddy said:

check 10 miles or so north

Earth Cam has limited Cans in Monmouth County have to use New Jersey Beach cams but can not Click and save JPG. mostly surfer cams 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 10/16/2021 at 2:47 PM, el_tsunami said:

Many of the beach cams are obstructed by huge dunes and football field spans of replenishment

Wildwood Crest, You need a Bus and it is Growing called the Southern Migration North to the south had family in Wildwood that had a boarding House the fishing Pier still there today now Landlocked we used to body Surf up to and under the Boardwalk there.  SO IMO the Sands began to Build when Beach replenishment started north of it. There was no Wildwood Crest than only dirt RD to  Diamond Beach and Cape May over a toll bridge.  Than The French, Canadians found it all :poopfan:and & I never returned, 

1634906664498.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe