put_em_back

The state of the Delta and our stripers

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Hey Moocks,  I think you have koined a new wurd.................."Kungfused".....................I like that...... Next time we go perch fishing & you get skunked you can say you got "Kungfused"  about which direction to cast................:) 

10 hours ago, plinker said:

what the ****?

taste like potato, tomatoes (except Early Girls) remind grass... Cucembers becoming soapy through short time... I've lived in the Europe and Middle East. Tiny Israel almost without water resourses providing half of Europe by highest quality agriculture products and taste drastically better!

Posted (edited) · Report post

So many people say that the stripers are responsible for the demise of our salmon.  Wrong.  The low water flow and high temperatures of the water, Sacramento River, killed 97.4% of the winter run spawned salmon in 2021.  Only 2.6% are estimated to have survived.   Yes this was partially due to the drought, but its California water policies that ensure that this happens to some extent every year even without the droughts.

"Drought’s grim death toll: California says endangered salmon perished in Sacramento River"

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/water-and-drought/article257014527.html?fbclid=IwAR3e9KHfqRw-VSW6y1xQX7cCSHhjzOWXH8SHIgM0OMJn-l9D7a86GaYrBbw

Edited by put_em_back

On 10/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, moocks said:

It's not the water that makes the taste..... We just don't have any camel fertilizer...

:witty:

It is because you are spending too much time for looking at the WIFES picture on the milk Carton... Are you supporting brainless wasting of water? Accept my regrets...

Be the way, WIFE not WIFES. Do not make me Kungfused.

13 hours ago, ING said:

It is because you are spending too much time for looking at the WIFES picture on the milk Carton... Are you supporting brainless wasting of water? Accept my regrets...

Be the way, WIFE not WIFES. Do not make me Kungfused.

I think you are indeed Kungfused I like to look at my WIVES pictures.....All three of them !

I don't waste water only wives but would be happy to trade your regrets for one of them...

On 1/4/2022 at 8:40 PM, put_em_back said:

This thread is devolving and nobody seems very concerned. 

On the other hand, its getting funny.

Hey Put-Em-Back,     Thank you for posting the article....  I am plenty concerned about the state of our fishery..... Especially for future generations....  We can't control mother nature & the drought...but I feel we can have some impact on both fisheries management & water management... Presently I think the Nor Cal Guides & Sport Fisherman's Association is our best voice.  Getting involved & supporting them is extremely important if we expect any improvement in our fisheries... With all the so-called "surplus $$$"  that our state is "supposed' to have I would sure like to see our politicians put some of it into improving our fisheries instead of all the "give-a-way" programs......

I have to agree with Mike but until you change the political makeup of the state, that voice is crying in the wilderness.

I fear future generations won't know what a fish is. Not because they went extinct but because these same politicians kept them out of school chasing the many variants of Covid....

If you are thinking that its better to have all the students go back to school and catch COVID....

Stuart: Oh, Sheldon, I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong.
Sheldon: More wrong? Wrong is an absolute state and not subject to gradation.
Stuart: Of course it is. It's a little wrong to say a tomato is a vegetable, it's very wrong to say it's a suspension bridge

On the East coast, politics are certainly involved as well but it seems like it's mostly fisherman commercial vs recreational fighting amongst themselves and against politicians from different states who seem to control the scientists and recommendations. At least I feel that they might actually try to fix their decline. Here it's like the fisherman are fighting against a goliath with no chance at all. We still have Salmon and Steelhead folks thinking that the loss of those fisheries is due to the Striped bass. Talk about junk science. Jeeze.