sse

Looking for Tog on the Northshore of Mass

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Looking for Tog on the Northshore of MA. I have heard of a few spots up in the Marblehead, Salem, Beverly areas. I have tried them several times this year, but never had any luck.

Tried green crabs, clams, white crabs even bits of lobster. Been trying very hard.  It just hasn't worked. 

I really hope someone will help me out. I do know how to catch them, I just can't seem to get them in my area.  

Would anyone be willing to share a couple of spots with me? I boat out of Beverly, MA. 

I can share spots where I believe there are Tog up here and/or share my spots for Stripers, Squid, etc.

Thank you!!

Think of a big jetty just outside the harbor of a well known fishing town. Have personally seen them there during the spring and summer months on a clear sunny day with no breeze. Not to many target them but they are there. Also, there are some spots from shore around Deer Island that people have caught tog by accident while fishing for other species.

I don’t want your spots but will take the lobster. 

I have done what you are are doing and was never successful. Same with fluke and sea bass. If you are serious, better to make the drive south. 

I have never had any luck. Be careful with the storm this week. 

15 mins ago, kuro said:

Have you tried fishing the pillar under the bridge between Beverly and Salem? 

Only consistent spot, but generally a spring location. 

On 10/22/2021 at 6:18 AM, NHAngler said:

I have done what you are are doing and was never successful. Same with fluke and sea bass. If you are serious, better to make the drive south. 

Agree on driving south if serious. Fluke are always tough on north shore, but sea bass quite prevalent. Getting a keeper is tough though. Really believe the juvenile sea bass and lobster population is attracting and holding the big numbers of large stripers the past two seasons in addition to the amount of adult bunker we have had.

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, kuro said:

Have you tried fishing the pillar under the bridge between Beverly and Salem? 

I have tried there, assuming you are talking about the wooden bridge (not the cement bridge)?  I tried around the pilings closest to the opening - no luck.  I did not realize Spring was when they hit there though.  Maybe my timing is just off?

I heard people have gotten them there with just sea worms.  I have tried seaworms and crab, no luck

Edited by BrianBM
fb link