flyangler

Wife Involved in Sub Spy Case is a Pro-Trump Deplorable & Very Conservative

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Oh, wait! You have not heard the DEMedia screaming that the wife involved in submarine spy case is a Pro-Trump Deplorable & Very Conservative?

Well, maybe because she is just the opposite, one of those profiles that the DEMedia would prefer to avoid covering more than necessary. Put this story up there with the DEMedia's reportage on:

Student who shot up his school last week and was released on bond (he is a PoC)

Hodgeson shooting up the GOP softball team practice (he was a Bernie bro)

Shooter at the Navy Yard (another man of color)

Etc, etc, etc. 

Wife Involved in Submarine Spy Case is Anti-Trump, Progressive, and ‘Very Liberal’

If the couple was MAGA you know the media would have this story plastered on the front pages and make it the lede.

Diana-Jonathan-Toebbe-Submarine.jpg

No wonder the media has buried the story about an Annapolis couple trying to sell top-secret submarine secrets to a foreign country.

The New York Times wrote an article about Jonathan and Diana Toebbe, but buried the lede they would have started with it was the opposite: Mrs. Toebbe is a far-leftist.

Toebbe taught at the progressive Key School for 10 years where she did not hide her politics (emphasis mine):

“You could just tell she was insanely smart,” said Craig Martien, 20, a 2019 graduate of Key School who worked closely with Ms. Toebbe on the yearbook and an after-school anthropology club. “She was very friendly and down-to-earth, and I got along with her very well.”

When Mr. Martien went off to Williams College, he brought along a toy squid that Ms. Toebbe had knitted. Like other Key graduates, Mr. Martien described her as a strong feminist and very liberal.

She was taken aback by President Donald J. Trump’s 2016 election, he said, and mentioned several times that she was considering moving to Australia.

“She said she couldn’t stand the current state of politics and actually had found some job opportunities over there,” he said.

The Times did not mention Jonathan’s politics.

The Toebbes appeared in court on Tuesday. They face communication of restricted data and conspiracy to communicate restricted data charges, which could lead to life in prison.

The hearing only took five minutes. The judge did not ask them to enter a plea.

Reports say the Toebbes did not have any financial distress, which could have been a motive. However, the judge decided both qualified “for a court-appointed lawyer.”

Edited by flyangler

31 mins ago, MattieG said:

You late on the news bro. I saw this sh*t like 3 days ago. Wasn’t surprised for a second. 

I too saw it when first reported. But when I checked here, shocked someone hadn’t posted it, so….

19 mins ago, slowroller said:

Hang em high if they are found guilty. See that was easy. 

Will the DEMedia report the executions if the trial proves they are ultra left wing?

1 hour ago, flyangler said:

Will the DEMedia report the executions if the trial proves they are ultra left wing?

I imagine they would since espionage & treason are a pretty big deal.  

You seem to be able to find all these stories, so the media isn’t blacking them out. Seems like you’re getting twisted up because they don’t share the same outrage as you. 

32 mins ago, slowroller said:

You seem to be able to find all these stories, so the media isn’t blacking them out. Seems like you’re getting twisted up because they don’t share the same outrage as you. 

It’s not that you can’t find the stories, it’s about what outlets are covering it, how heavy they are covering it, and where it ranks amongst the other stories they are covering. Like Tom said, had they supported Trump we would still be seeing articles daily at the front/top of the pages. 

As it is, Democrats pretty much blow off all stories from Fox News, no matter how true they are. If they are covered on left leaning media outlets, then it didn’t happen.

5 hours ago, ihocky2 said:

It’s not that you can’t find the stories, it’s about what outlets are covering it, how heavy they are covering it, and where it ranks amongst the other stories they are covering. Like Tom said, had they supported Trump we would still be seeing articles daily at the front/top of the pages. 

As it is, Democrats pretty much blow off all stories from Fox News, no matter how true they are. If they are covered on left leaning media outlets, then it didn’t happen.

Very well said. Unfortunately the Left lacks the Honesty to appreciate the points you made.

7 hours ago, slowroller said:

Did I say blacking out? Did I not say "avoid covering more than necessary"? 

There is reporting vs blacking out and then there is reporting of certain details or blacking out of certain details - you know that.

Discussing the facts of the charges is reporting, skipping over details about the accused personalities, social media posting or ideology is "elective". If finding the person's social media is easy, then why not report on it?

Why would one venue find it and report on it (Fox) but "the paper of record" did not report on it? Do you think the Times' reporters did not read the same posts? Either their reporters are not as thorough as the NY Post and Fox, or they made an overt decision to not report that. 

Put another way, if the title above WAS accurate, do you doubt the Times, WaPo, msnbc and cnn would not be reporting it?

10 hours ago, flyangler said:

Oh, wait! You have not heard the DEMedia screaming that the wife involved in submarine spy case is a Pro-Trump Deplorable & Very Conservative?

Well, maybe because she is just the opposite, one of those profiles that the DEMedia would prefer to avoid covering more than necessary. Put this story up there with the DEMedia's reportage on:

Student who shot up his school last week and was released on bond (he is a PoC)

Hodgeson shooting up the GOP softball team practice (he was a Bernie bro)

Shooter at the Navy Yard (another man of color)

Etc, etc, etc. 

Wife Involved in Submarine Spy Case is Anti-Trump, Progressive, and ‘Very Liberal’

If the couple was MAGA you know the media would have this story plastered on the front pages and make it the lede.

Diana-Jonathan-Toebbe-Submarine.jpg

No wonder the media has buried the story about an Annapolis couple trying to sell top-secret submarine secrets to a foreign country.

The New York Times wrote an article about Jonathan and Diana Toebbe, but buried the lede they would have started with it was the opposite: Mrs. Toebbe is a far-leftist.

Toebbe taught at the progressive Key School for 10 years where she did not hide her politics (emphasis mine):

“You could just tell she was insanely smart,” said Craig Martien, 20, a 2019 graduate of Key School who worked closely with Ms. Toebbe on the yearbook and an after-school anthropology club. “She was very friendly and down-to-earth, and I got along with her very well.”

When Mr. Martien went off to Williams College, he brought along a toy squid that Ms. Toebbe had knitted. Like other Key graduates, Mr. Martien described her as a strong feminist and very liberal.

She was taken aback by President Donald J. Trump’s 2016 election, he said, and mentioned several times that she was considering moving to Australia.

“She said she couldn’t stand the current state of politics and actually had found some job opportunities over there,” he said.

The Times did not mention Jonathan’s politics.

The Toebbes appeared in court on Tuesday. They face communication of restricted data and conspiracy to communicate restricted data charges, which could lead to life in prison.

The hearing only took five minutes. The judge did not ask them to enter a plea.

Reports say the Toebbes did not have any financial distress, which could have been a motive. However, the judge decided both qualified “for a court-appointed lawyer.”

If Joe can make money selling out America, why can't the average citizen do the same?