ajcarbone8

Striped bass fishing article

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

I will give you credit- at 13 the last thing I would have been thinking about is writing an article-Fishing sure, writing about it, well fogetaboutit- anyway interesting stuff and since its based on your fishing experience excellent job-  I would suggest as you get older and get the chance to fish different waters you could break down the shore/surf into lets say something like the beach front in Westerly or Narragansett compared to fishing a inland pond or saltwater river and how tide/moon day/night etc helps/hurts or effects things. You could even break down the boat to off shore boats to kayaks. Take a seining net and collect some samples of bait, what type, how much of each, how big etc, water temp-

I second doing a log, even its a brief one that you may only understand, ie fished Pt Judith, 10-15-21- out going, at dawn-wind north-water clear-waves small-type bait seen-moon phase-fished caught/not caught rough size of them-spin rod with bunker shad or fly rod with clouser or bait rod with clams- takes only a few minutes to type up and by time your a HS senior you may have a science project already done- good luck- enjoy fishing, its better then tick tok, instagram and all that nonsense- as for me when i run into peanut bunker with my fly rod, its game on. 

Take care- keep em wet

Thank you for the feedback, I will definitely be adding the information to the article.

that is a very interesting article, I don't think that I would be able to put something like this together when I was your age.      There is one statement in your article that I don't agree with.    I believe the opposite is true for the statement below.

More often than not, when the striped bass are feeding they will be feeding on the surface of the water, which is also known as blizting.   

While I have seen Stripers blitzing on the surface, that's not usually the case.  In fact, its been a few years since I saw stripers blitzing on the surface.   More often than not, you would not see any signs of surface feeding activity as more often than not they are feeding below the surface....   

At least that is what I have observed.   

On 10/15/2021 at 11:36 AM, UncleJohn said:

that is a very interesting article, I don't think that I would be able to put something like this together when I was your age.      There is one statement in your article that I don't agree with.    I believe the opposite is true for the statement below.

More often than not, when the striped bass are feeding they will be feeding on the surface of the water, which is also known as blizting.   

While I have seen Stripers blitzing on the surface, that's not usually the case.  In fact, its been a few years since I saw stripers blitzing on the surface.   More often than not, you would not see any signs of surface feeding activity as more often than not they are feeding below the surface....   

At least that is what I have observed.   

Will be making those edits, thank you