Waterfowl 2021/22

Rate this topic

fishtheeast

3 hours ago, fishtheeast said:

Anyone get out yet? Iv been scouting a bunch of spots and haven’t really seen much. A few woodies and a couple mallards. Tons of geese. Still super warm out. Looks like next week is going to drop down into the low 40s and hopefully will get them moving. 

Bad accident on the Atlantic Flyway, authorities say it was the worst quack up they ever saw............................

Wow, usual suspects derailed this thread fast!  I have only hunted one morning thus far (north shore central zone) Wood duck numbers and mallards seem up on North Shore. Teal in fair numbers(more blue then usual) and more blacks starting to trickle in. Surf fishing has been lights out since last week of August up here, but starting to dwindle into school fish and slots. Once coastal opens I will be hunting hard for the week. Geese numbers seem down from the guys I hunt with both in early season and now. 

26 mins ago, Lakertaker said:

Wow, usual suspects derailed this thread fast!  I have only hunted one morning thus far (north shore central zone) Wood duck numbers and mallards seem up on North Shore. Teal in fair numbers(more blue then usual) and more blacks starting to trickle in. Surf fishing has been lights out since last week of August up here, but starting to dwindle into school fish and slots. Once coastal opens I will be hunting hard for the week. Geese numbers seem down from the guys I hunt with both in early season and now. 

South shore here. Haven’t been out at all, but I will say that I’m seeing tons of geese. I recently moved to a more rural area, so I’m not sure if it’s normal numbers or not, but I see flocks flying over my house daily, which I I am not used to.

24 mins ago, JTR said:

South shore here. Haven’t been out at all, but I will say that I’m seeing tons of geese. I recently moved to a more rural area, so I’m not sure if it’s normal numbers or not, but I see flocks flying over my house daily, which I I am not used to.

I’m also on the south shore and there’s tons of flocks of geese flying over my house too. 

19 hours ago, Lakertaker said:

are you seeing any hunters? I've about given up duck hunting. Lost spots and fields due to development. Alot of my buddies are feeling the same way.