tonymo

Flatlander Surfbag Nazi ( No Bag for You!!)

Rate this topic

199 posts in this topic

Well this got fun.  Hey here's a thread for like minded people.  Enter the non-like minded people to mess it up for em.  Some folks are just bored.  Or miserable and try to make others equally as miserable.  Note to the like minded, stop letting yourselves be trolled.  

3 hours ago, richie c said:

I feel so out of place with my generic bag with down spout plug holders :laugh:

Im ashamed to show up on the beach with my $15 Army surplus  bag with down spouts...

Sometimes guys just get off on the wrong foot. I spoke to him on the phone about a week ago and ordered a 3 tube bag as a gift for a friend. Found Jamie to be a pleasant guy who indulged my questions and corresponded twice by email. No complaints,

Marc

7 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Stop making excuses for bad behavior............ever hear, "The Customer is Always Right". This is what happens in the age of Social Media....ya F'k Up a client and everyone knows about it.

This is a double-edged sword.  I have never been in contact with Jamie nor have I ever handled one of his products but I have heard (almost, after this thread) nothing but raving good reviews regarding how accommodating and friendly he is.  I'm much more inclined to write off the one poor review in favor of the many excellent reviews I have read.

Comments about Jamie are not normally good. They are usually exceptionally good. Normally buying from him is considered an exceptionally good experience, and those comments are from people who have to wait long periods of time for his Flatlander bags. Your experience is a one off, just didn’t work out. One less person in line waiting for an exceptional product. His buddy-lok system is great. Bag quality great. And I guess now 99.99% of interactions with him are as good as the get. OP, it just didn’t work out for you. 

Why do so many people have to chime in on what bag a guy uses? Do you all cry and complain when you see a guy in a Mercedes? To each their own . Be happy the guy has the cabbage to buy what he wants that’s proudly made in America. 

We all have our preferences and our choices.

I am happy with my old, beat up 20 years young Grand Caravan; you may not be happy with brand new Benz.

I fish with $15 Daiwa reel, you may be fishing $1,000.

I have seen and hold Flatlander bags.  No doubt there are nice and well, well made.

But to much for my pocket.

8 hours ago, richie c said:

I feel so out of place with my generic bag with down spout plug holders :laugh:

4 hours ago, dc1874 said:

Im ashamed to show up on the beach with my $15 Army surplus  bag with down spouts...

Amaters

I look like a pro with my $35 surf bag, bought from BST forum.

And my bag is not 2nd hand, it looks more like 55th hand.

I dont know why when people have a gripe they turn to the social media to either bash or get some kind of approval ! But i think in this case the op was baffled by the builders responce , he didnt bash the guy just didnt work out ! Im sure you can find what you want with one of the other bag builders good luck !

On 10/12/2021 at 6:38 PM, tonymo said:

After looking at the Flatlander bag thread for a while, and reading all the great things everyone here had to say about the product and the builder's customer service, I put a good sized order in ( with a Hi Lo bag) a few of weeks ago and got to make a deposit last week after making contact with Jamie. 

So naturally I had a bunch of questions, seeing how the pictures on his page did not show the bag inside and out, and had brief written descriptions. These were over a 4 day period

I was never rude, the questions themselves were not extensive in nature, were relevant, and I was not asking for anything other than what he is producing. And I never had a problem with pricing. I was just trying to have a good plan to avoid putting cash into a few things I may not have needed that were on my original order and put money towards other things, as there were many.

About 4 days after I made my deposit, he cancelled the order and returned my deposit. He cited he tried to answer all my questions, with which I had no issues with his answers. Claimed I had issues with pricing, the only thing I asked was about base price vs. what was in a picture. Then he had some weird excuse that we were not a good fit, vendor to customer wise.

After he cancelled, I asked to please reconsider as I was just trying to get a solid plan together. Big negative on that. You'd of thought I was calling or texting. It was e mail that could have been answered anytime, especially how the order is many month's out.  

Needless to say I was very disappointed and kind of insulted as I was treated like some kind of  a hole. 

Maybe I should send him a bottle of Midol and a box of tampons!:naughty:.

So now I am in search again for another set up. 

That's my story, sad but true. Thanks for reading!

Did you use any racist or misogynistic language in your emails? Or come off as a jerk? If you did, that might have rubbed him the wrong way. 

16 hours ago, Sudsy said:

I have a few higher end bags. Wanna see the one I carry most.............

PlanoSurfbag.jpg.2a7a5e8bed9087f5e6d3b84c9ccf5a30.jpg

I love the flexibility of this bag. The inside dividers come out leaving the hard case, perfect for bait fishing. I have two of these bags so on one I cut the divider so I can bring some plugs along with some bait gear.

$400 for a bag ? That's like my wife with her pocketbooks, they all do the same thing in the same way, the only difference between them is the name stamped on them and the price.

I'm certain all the high end bags are built much better than that plano, just sayin. I use GU that's as expensive as I'm willing to go but they are basically bomb proof. Just like your wife's bags, a coach bag will last forever a cheap purse, the straps probably gonna break