tonymo

Flatlander Surfbag Nazi ( No Bag for You!!)

Rate this topic

225 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, shark lobster said:

There are other great bag builders out there ! Being in the construction buissness ive walked away from customers because i got a feeling ! 

Smart man, Chuck!

Things like "Well, I know that I said I liked your solution, but wouldn't it be cheaper if we ... ?" and "It really doesn't have to meet code, couldn't you just slap some <whatever> over it?" are definite warning signs.

4 hours ago, shark lobster said:

There are other great bag builders out there ! Being in the construction buissness ive walked away from customers because i got a feeling ! 

True. 4171 makes a great custom bag you should give them a look.

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, Sudsy said:

I have a few higher end bags. Wanna see the one I carry most.............

PlanoSurfbag.jpg.2a7a5e8bed9087f5e6d3b84c9ccf5a30.jpg

I love the flexibility of this bag. The inside dividers come out leaving the hard case, perfect for bait fishing. I have two of these bags so on one I cut the divider so I can bring some plugs along with some bait gear.

$400 for a bag ? That's like my wife with her pocketbooks, they all do the same thing in the same way, the only difference between them is the name stamped on them and the price.

.That’s what I’m using now and have been for many years. The zipper pocket zipper is broken and I recently took out the insert and put 33 inch tubesAdd the piece of gutter leaders to fill it in.

Edited by tonymo
Phone messed up text

13 hours ago, tonymo said:

After looking at the Flatlander bag thread for a while, and reading all the great things everyone here had to say about the product and the builder's customer service, I put a good sized order in ( with a Hi Lo bag) a few of weeks ago and got to make a deposit last week after making contact with Jamie. 

So naturally I had a bunch of questions, seeing how the pictures on his page did not show the bag inside and out, and had brief written descriptions. These were over a 4 day period

I was never rude, the questions themselves were not extensive in nature, were relevant, and I was not asking for anything other than what he is producing. And I never had a problem with pricing. I was just trying to have a good plan to avoid putting cash into a few things I may not have needed that were on my original order and put money towards other things, as there were many.

About 4 days after I made my deposit, he cancelled the order and returned my deposit. He cited he tried to answer all my questions, with which I had no issues with his answers. Claimed I had issues with pricing, the only thing I asked was about base price vs. what was in a picture. Then he had some weird excuse that we were not a good fit, vendor to customer wise.

After he cancelled, I asked to please reconsider as I was just trying to get a solid plan together. Big negative on that. You'd of thought I was calling or texting. It was e mail that could have been answered anytime, especially how the order is many month's out.  

Needless to say I was very disappointed and kind of insulted as I was treated like some kind of  a hole. 

Maybe I should send him a bottle of Midol and a box of tampons!:naughty:.

So now I am in search again for another set up. 

That's my story, sad but true. Thanks for reading!

How many questions did you ask exactly?

I love my Flat Lander bag, not many places you can get small details changed to your liking.  I needed a bag to do certain things that others didn't, Jamie made the changes and I got a unique bag that did everything I needed.  I have had great interactions with Jamie and it's unfortunate that you didn't have a good interaction with him.  We all have good days and bad, and sometimes there is not always a good mend.  

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

I love the flexibility of this bag. The inside dividers come out leaving the hard case, perfect for bait fishing. I have two of these bags so on one I cut the divider so I can bring some plugs along with some bait gear.

$400 for a bag ? That's like my wife with her pocketbooks, they all do the same thing in the same way, the only difference between them is the name stamped on them and the price.

That’s actually a nice looking bag that Plano. I have plenty of soft tackle bags from them, but I’ve never seen that one before. I like the front pocket looks like it could easily hold a phone car keys and such.

That’s one beef I have with my stock Gear Up bags, I wish they had a front pocket I could put my phone, keys in for easy access. I recently bought a nylon utility pouch on Amazon which I clip to my gear up shoulder strap to hold my phone which I can easily access. 

How much that bag cost? 

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

Do you have the name of this bag? Sudsy always passing on great knowledge/advise!!! 

47 mins ago, MattieG said:

That’s actually a nice looking bag that Plano.

How much that bag cost? 

I bought mine used on ebay, around $25

22 mins ago, MAGA said:

Do you have the name of this bag? 

They haven't made it in quite a while, shame as it's the best bag they ever made

Edited by Sudsy

1 hour ago, levari said:

Your fishing style does not require anything better. Here is a photo of 10 years old bag which is being submerged in saltwater for the last 10 years..

00372AC3-5D1D-4E03-BC5F-E2CBC02CC0B0.jpeg

So now you know my fishing style.......like in the past, your ideas and comments tend to be far fetched at best....ya gotta fish to wear in a bag....if that's been dunked for 10 yrs, you don't fish much but I remember ya talk a good story...remember you from the other Forum years back....."Levari the Great".

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

The guy is running a small, labor intensive business. He can sell to whomever he wants and tell anyone he wants to go get f**ked. Although I'm sure he did it in a much nicer way. This is still America, right? His business....his choice. 

Stop making excuses for bad behavior............ever hear, "The Customer is Always Right". This is what happens in the age of Social Media....ya F'k Up a client and everyone knows about it.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

8 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Stop making excuses for bad behavior............ever hear, "The Customer is Always Right". This is what happens in the age of Social Media....ya F'k Up a client and everyone knows about it.

Another factor of social media business is more loyalty through more engagement ... ie: your favorite brand "F'ks up" a client but you assume the client was wrong rather than the brand/business owner you trust. You have no history with anonymous people who write bad reviews vs. long history with whatever company etc etc