tonymo

Flatlander Surfbag Nazi ( No Bag for You!!)

Rate this topic

224 posts in this topic

26 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

wouldn't be caught dead with one of those gaudy colored lime green with matching loafers and a hat...

^^^ Agree with this. They are not only gaudy, but a total embarrassment.

My advice to the OP, go buy an off the shelf GU bag. Most of the bells and whistles are BS anyway. All you need is a bag and an extra seperate pouch to hold rubber and bucktails, and your done. Flatlander vs Commando. Gear up vs Ebbpoint. They are all the same, made with identical materials. Either the builder knows how to sew or he doesn’t.  

40 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

i would think that if your spending 400 bucks on a surf bag, you'd be allowed to ask some questions without those kinds of rude comments......thanks for the post....ya saved me money......not really, wouldn't be caught dead with one of those gaudy colored lime green with matching loafers and a hat.....Geeezzzz....fellas.....go fishin' will ya.

Pretty sure you made it clear in another thread last week about how these are unnecessary glamour bags.  I don;t think this thread changed your mind about ordering one at all.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Kones1 said:

Yea well business is business and it already appears he’s lost several sales with probably more to come. Customer care is so important and if you have the best thing in the world but can’t treat people who want to spend hard earned money on your great thing right , you will not last long. There are several surf bags out there. 

He didn’t loose a single sale.. Jamie is too good to suffer from a single complaint of someone who probably bug the crap out of him. 

Edited by levari

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

What did ya do ...ask for his hand in marriage..."Not a good fit".......sounds like some Liberal BS to me....thanks, won't be ordering one...ya just cost him another 400 bucks.....we're probably not a good fit either.......omo.

When was the last time you spent more than $200 on a surf bag?

4 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Why............I wear 2 belt bags.....not a Michael Kohrs suitcase over my shoulder....."not a good fit".

What I don't get is why throw shade on ppl who like these bags.  I'm like you, have a MAK bag for the last 12 yrs.  It's beat to hell, smelly and standard boring ole black.  It works for me but you seem to like to throw barbs at these folks.  :shrug:

Nah.....these bags are elitist show-off bags IMO..matching bags, matching belts, matching pork rind holders, matching carabiners, matching loafers, matching hats....and in all girly colors, lime green, burnt orange, sunshine yellow, sky blue.......Stop The Madness......most are heavy as hell and bulky to cast with....all show N' no blow.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

1 hour ago, Richizzzle said:

Jamie has been very helpful when I email him.

Smells 'fishy' to me..:laugh: DOHOHO

48 mins ago, levari said:

He didn’t loose a single sale.. Jamie is too good to suffer from a single complaint of someone who probably bug the crap out of him. 

I have no reason to b.s. about this , that is not my m.o. and what I posted is what happened.

I have a few higher end bags. Wanna see the one I carry most.............

PlanoSurfbag.jpg.2a7a5e8bed9087f5e6d3b84c9ccf5a30.jpg

I love the flexibility of this bag. The inside dividers come out leaving the hard case, perfect for bait fishing. I have two of these bags so on one I cut the divider so I can bring some plugs along with some bait gear.

$400 for a bag ? That's like my wife with her pocketbooks, they all do the same thing in the same way, the only difference between them is the name stamped on them and the price.

Edited by Sudsy

I'm there to fish, not have a color coordinated fashion show on the beach.....if your wearin' this stuff in those lollipop colors, please....not next to me....move on down to the ladies section.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

12 hours ago, natejeep said:

Extra set of bag tubes isn’t going to add more tubes/capacity to your bag though. Being able to use the same bag with 2 tubes one night and 3 tubes the next is what makes the extra money for one bag worth it. That’s all I’m getting at.

I think he was saying that you can just add a single tube on your belt to go along with your main bag, as needed. That definitely adds capacity and the buddy loc isn’t a necessity for customizing how many tubes you take out on a nightly basis. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Why............I wear 2 belt bags.....not a Michael Kohrs suitcase over my shoulder....."not a good fit".

Your fishing style does not require anything better. Here is a photo of 10 years old bag which is being submerged in saltwater for the last 10 years..

00372AC3-5D1D-4E03-BC5F-E2CBC02CC0B0.jpeg