tonymo

Flatlander Surfbag Nazi ( No Bag for You!!)

Rate this topic

226 posts in this topic

From time to time relationships are not meant to be. Without going into massaging this thing; he made a decision based on his experience that was probably best for both of you at that given time. It's just one of them things that happens.

He’s too big for his britches sounds like. More important than he is maybe. I was thinking of buying a Flatlander but now I’m reconsidering 

This seems very odd. I have never bought from Jamie (yet) but I have contacted him multiple times to ask about products. He has always been very helpful and prompt in our correspondence and based on that I would not hesitate to buy from him. 

17 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

There's 2 sides to every story. 

No my friend there are always 3 sides to a story, your side their side and then the truth....

Jamie has the best customer service I’ve experienced in pretty much any company…let alone a one man show. He makes quality products obviously and is always polite and responds on time. What in the world did you ask this guy? 

My experience with him is that he's a hell of a guy who builds a hell of a bag. His product is in extremely high demand for a good reason.  The more time he spends answering emails and questions..the less time he has in the actual production process. He's a one man show and only has so much time.  And when you are in such high demand you can pick and choose what youre going to focus on. In the end, another guy is right behind you in line. 

1 hour ago, chisler said:

From time to time relationships are not meant to be. Without going into massaging this thing; he made a decision based on his experience that was probably best for both of you at that given time. It's just one of them things that happens.

I got that. And that was his point in our conversation . 

1 hour ago, Kones1 said:

He’s too big for his britches sounds like. More important than he is maybe. I was thinking of buying a Flatlander but now I’m reconsidering 

If you really like the stuff, I would not hesitate, as your mileage  may vary.

8 mins ago, lazzyone said:

My experience with him is that he's a hell of a guy who builds a hell of a bag. His product is in extremely high demand for a good reason.  The more time he spends answering emails and questions..the less time he has in the actual production process. He's a one man show and only has so much time.  And when you are in such high demand you can pick and choose what youre going to focus on. In the end, another guy is right behind you in line. 

Work is work . Everything in due time

Yea well business is business and it already appears he’s lost several sales with probably more to come. Customer care is so important and if you have the best thing in the world but can’t treat people who want to spend hard earned money on your great thing right , you will not last long. There are several surf bags out there. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

i would think that if your spending 400 bucks on a surf bag, you'd be allowed to ask some questions without those kinds of rude comments......thanks for the post....ya saved me money......not really, wouldn't be caught dead with one of those gaudy colored lime green with matching loafers and a hat.....Geeezzzz....fellas.....go fishin' will ya.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal