Flatlander Surfbag Nazi ( No Bag for You!!)

Rate this topic

tonymo

2 hours ago, levari said:

What are these? Collectible? :eek:

It was nice being in the Connecticut Surfcasters with Tom. It made getting these kind of too easy. The reason I opted for one of these is because I've been knocked off of a boulder or two in my time. I've seen plugs float off in the current and have become attached to a loose plug in my bag because it wouldn't close completely. So for the fishing I was doing it was worth spending the money. Now don't get me started on Van Staal pliers. Owning one of those is like wearing a pinky ring. Talk about overpriced jewelry. :niffty:

On 10/12/2021 at 9:38 PM, tonymo said:

After looking at the Flatlander bag thread for a while, and reading all the great things everyone here had to say about the product and the builder's customer service, I put a good sized order in ( with a Hi Lo bag) a few of weeks ago and got to make a deposit last week after making contact with Jamie. 

So naturally I had a bunch of questions, seeing how the pictures on his page did not show the bag inside and out, and had brief written descriptions. These were over a 4 day period

I was never rude, the questions themselves were not extensive in nature, were relevant, and I was not asking for anything other than what he is producing. And I never had a problem with pricing. I was just trying to have a good plan to avoid putting cash into a few things I may not have needed that were on my original order and put money towards other things, as there were many.

About 4 days after I made my deposit, he cancelled the order and returned my deposit. He cited he tried to answer all my questions, with which I had no issues with his answers. Claimed I had issues with pricing, the only thing I asked was about base price vs. what was in a picture. Then he had some weird excuse that we were not a good fit, vendor to customer wise.

After he cancelled, I asked to please reconsider as I was just trying to get a solid plan together. Big negative on that. You'd of thought I was calling or texting. It was e mail that could have been answered anytime, especially how the order is many month's out.  

Needless to say I was very disappointed and kind of insulted as I was treated like some kind of  a hole. 

Maybe I should send him a bottle of Midol and a box of tampons!:naughty:.

So now I am in search again for another set up. 

That's my story, sad but true. Thanks for reading!

That’s insane. Miguel Rios of Ebbpoint seems like a good guy to deal with, I follow him on another site and he seems very reasonable. 

16 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

I guess I must be a fasionista. Well guilty as charged.:p My collection of the finast surf bags made on earth. Thanks Tom.20201013_094636.jpg.b7e24da85094aee1755f7de6978528aa.jpg

Nice collection.

You should have no problem selling them some day

Lou T

10 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

It was nice being in the Connecticut Surfcasters with Tom. It made getting these kind of too easy. The reason I opted for one of these is because I've been knocked off of a boulder or two in my time. I've seen plugs float off in the current and have become attached to a loose plug in my bag because it wouldn't close completely. So for the fishing I was doing it was worth spending the money. Now don't get me started on Van Staal pliers. Owning one of those is like wearing a pinky ring. Talk about overpriced jewelry. :niffty:

Let me guess; you were standing there fishing and on the very next bolder Craig Cantelmo pops up next to you....:laugh:

So where is your collection of VS pliers... :D

11 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

Some of the best loop and hook used on Surf bags in the industry. No plugs floating away from Tom's bags.

It's the little things that make a sail cloth bag, the best sail cloth Surf bag out there.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, clambellies said:

The thing about having an over priced surf bag is that you'll never see it again if you leave it somewhere.

The thing about having anything nice is if you neglect it you lose it. And as far as overpriced, I don’t think I have ever seen a post that questions the quality of his work. I’ll gladly pay a premium for a handmade in the USA local businessman/crafter. 

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever~Jacques Yves Cousteau