b-ware

Squirrel Season.....

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

If any of you guys would like some gray squirrels, red squirrels or chipmunks please come to my yard and kill them all. There may even be some partially boiled ones in a bucket trap. 
There’s also plenty of mice, voles and moles for appetizers.
My neighborhood is absolutely infested with rodents this year. 

10 hours ago, mikez2 said:

I don't like the heads left on the bodies in the stew because it looks nasty. Probably better to not leave the heads on at all.

That is pretty disgusting.

7 hours ago, SwamOffStrong said:

Yeah we just had Baystate Wildlife over to our house last week. Squirrels have chewed large holes through our fascia.  

What was their solution to get rid of them?

Solution was I pay them large sums of money! :own:

But seriously, they located all the entry points and then installed one way doors, mesh, flashing etc. The little buggers will keep trying to come back for a little while but then should give up.  Until the morning of the day my 2-year warranty for the service runs out….

48 mins ago, SwamOffStrong said:

Solution was I pay them large sums of money! :own:

But seriously, they located all the entry points and then installed one way doors, mesh, flashing etc. The little buggers will keep trying to come back for a little while but then should give up.  Until the morning of the day my 2-year warranty for the service runs out….

I was expecting you to say that they trapped or killed them not just close off their holes. Aren’t they just going to keep chewing new entrance holes and destroying more of the house?

Brunswick stew is part of our American heritage.  Seems that now we are a bunch of pink fingered American fast foodies.  Makes me wonder what percentage of those expressing an opinion have actually tasted squirrel that has been properly prepared?

Edited by bass11
spelling

This year is the worst I have seen it with the ground squirrels and gray squirrels. It was bad all year then last month my neighbors just mowed down 4 acres of trees adjacent to my land. That seems to have disturbed a lot of habitat and have a lot of homeless campers headed my way. These new suckers have no respect or boundaries. Had to open my basement up last weekend for 20 minutes to solder some plumbing. Yup, one decided to come check out the place. 

I think the cycle of food (acorns and nuts) combined with the mild temps have caused this surge..

This weekend there will be some undertaking to adjust the populous. Rat traps work great btw. 

20 hours ago, b-ware said:

No I don't, I have issues.............anger, stupid people, B. S. annoying people and know it all people issues.........

PS cooking up another pot of squirrel stew, want some more?????

Is it grass fed? 

11 hours ago, z-man said:

I was expecting you to say that they trapped or killed them not just close off their holes. Aren’t they just going to keep chewing new entrance holes and destroying more of the house?

Had that discussion with Baystate. Unlike some, they do a thorough job of using mesh and foam in numerous access points/soft spots/nooks and crannies (not just where there is damage - in which case you will get the new hole 6” away from the last one).  They provide a 2 yr warranty.  Hope it works.