linesiderdemdnj

How do those bumpy ruts form?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The ‘research’ suv are the falcon trackers / scientists 

they are fine, they have been present for quite a few drum in the last decade, they enjoy watching us battle and catch them….although I haven’t spoke with them in 5 or so years.

what they do and how they capture and research the  peregrine falcons that migrate through the area is pretty cool.

aiguy, odd they ran through your setup, i hadn't seen that before, maybe its a new driver, as mentioned i haven’t spoke to them for a few years, but wave usually.

Edited by luckyOC

I have watched the vehicles "hop" as they try to gain traction without airing down enough, I figured that was the culprit.  I won't mention the brand of vehicle that I see doing this the most but I am sure you already know.

Freddie, I find it odd as well that they drove through your setup.  I agree with Marcus that it may be someone new, at least I hope so.  I've had more than a few conversations with them.  In fact, one of them has taken several pictures of drum for me over the years.  

In any case, it was nice to see you.  Sorry I didn't chat longer....was itching to get a line in the water.    

4 hours ago, luckyOC said:

The ‘research’ suv are the falcon trackers / scientists 

they are fine, they have been present for quite a few drum in the last decade, they enjoy watching us battle and catch them….

They always stopped to watch as I battled a drum (or shark). It was a black SUV then. 

2 hours ago, KOSS said:

Freddie, I find it odd as well that they drove through your setup.  I agree with Marcus that it may be someone new, at least I hope so.  I've had more than a few conversations with them.  In fact, one of them has taken several pictures of drum for me over the years.  

In any case, it was nice to see you.  Sorry I didn't chat longer....was itching to get a line in the water.    

No worries man. I'm usually on a mission when the tires hit the sand as well. Great seeing folks I haven't seen in awhile this year! Still trying to figure out SteveZ's fishing schedule before he and Miss Donna go home.

I do hope the research crew incidents were just a new driver and not a new precedent. 

6 hours ago, AI GUY said:

No worries man. I'm usually on a mission when the tires hit the sand as well. Great seeing folks I haven't seen in awhile this year! Still trying to figure out SteveZ's fishing schedule before he and Miss Donna go home.

I do hope the research crew incidents were just a new driver and not a new precedent. 

Yep they drove between mt sticks and the water also. Low tide. Saw them coming while I was trying new rigs at my truck. Kept thinking they would move west but didn't.

Was at a time I couldn't hold bottom so I didn't have line out. If I had they would have run thru everything.

I would watch out for them in the future. Dangerous. And damn stupid. Had to be going 30 mph.

10 hours ago, Esoxhunter said:

Here is the right pic. See the tire tracks??? 

IMG_20211006_143506115.jpg

When I'm settled and the tide receded like shown in the picture, I place rods, cooler or buckets between my truck and the water that way things like that won't happen. There's bunch of osv users who would deliberately do crazy stuff. After hours of driving to get to the beach, I used to hate surfers getting in my way when I started.  As I aged I realize I'm there to fish and let all my worries fade away. I won't let em ruin it even when collecting other people's trash. :) Be happy, be safe, stay healthy, and catch those fish!

As a surfer turned fisherman I understand, all we want is the peaks and a good wave and sometimes have to go through a fisherman to get to that.  I know when I was young and dumb I made many a fisherman mad down there and I apologize for that, sometimes you get in the zone when good waves are around which is not that often around here :)

On 10/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, linesiderdemdnj said:

Is that a white expedition by any chance?  A group of people, looked to be in their 70s, were driving by and stood around me while I was reeling in a fish, to “make sure I released it”. My buddy told me they said that after I released the fish and they left. Thought that was absolutely ridiculous. 

They did the same to me few weeks back, buddy of mine has exchanged words with them on multiple occasions which results in everybody flipping everyone the bird everytime they drive by. Quite comical. 

On 10/13/2021 at 10:49 AM, KOSS said:

I've had them drive between setup and vehicle  many times over the years asked them politely to go behind the vehicle and they do but next time your out it starts all over again. Different vehicle this year but same antics. 

I wasn’t there this year, didn’t see them last year, but every time they approached me, they would go around, not through, even when sometimes I’d wave them to go through because I was parked further back, they would go around.