Carrying extra gear to the beach????

Rate this topic

PeteA

Just to over think things. Who carries extra gear with them on the beach for early morning or night time outing? What do you carry and what do you carry it all in? 

I always seem to take too much but I do also usually fish a least 3/4 of mile or so away from the car. I take a smallish daypack and leave it on the beach somewhere behind where I'm fishing. 

I carry a beat up canvas day pack, probably 30 liters in size

FAK

Heavy duty diagonal wire cutter (For cutting a hook if needed) 

2 - 20oz bottles of fresh water (one for drinking one for douse a reel if needed 

Extra hoodie sweatshirt 

Small towel 

Small 16oz thermos w/ some type of energy bar thingy 

Seat pad - A piece of foam 12 x 17 

A couple plastic garbage / contractor bags 

Hockey tape 

Extra flashlight 

Zip lock w/ a couple extra doodads 

Short sand spike 

And you all? 

Wow that’s a lot of stuff. 
I take a small plug bag

flash light that’s hung around my neck

if it’s cold I wear a jacket

i wouldn’t leave anything on the beach while I walk around=finders keepers.

if I drive the beach I take:

extra rods and plug bags

warmer clothes

water

I don’t carry extra stuff. My plug bag is heavy enough as it is. If I feel I need to bring anything else it stays in my truck, and I walk my a$$ back if I need anything which I rarely do. If i’m cold, so be it, if my flashlight dies, so be it, if i’m thirsty so be it. I’m a man, I deal with it.

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

2 rods and sand spike, fly rod  and medium spinning, sand spike hold holds spinning rod if I need as fish are 2 far out. Water, cigars, cigars, small plug/ fly bag. Bug repellent, iPhone , Polaroid glasses depending on lighting.longest walk never over 500’ from car anymore. :rav:

I've mentioned this before, learn the areas you frequently fish  and bring the lure that works best there. I'm now down to a 2 tube Mak Bag, I dress appropriatley. When you begin  to fish the tides you will no longer be fishing for more than 3hrs. at a time, in the fall here in the Northeast it can be an all day thing due to the migration but as I said before learn your area and you will know what to bring and what not to bring.