mikez2

Shut off your damn headlamps you tools!

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

Fecking IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a bunch here who turn on their million candle power headlamps when they get out of their trucks and leave them on the entire time they're fishing, after driving down the beach with their fecking HIGH BEAMS on!!!!  makes we want to do bodily harm to them 

I had a dude come up on the side of me just after sunset at one of my spots and was using his headlamp to tie knots(i think?) when you could clearly see without any... He legitimately stood there for 10 minutes doing whatever it was and ended up turning around hopping in his car and leaving without ever getting his line wet. I got a good laugh for sure.

this year has been pretty bad with complete idiots out there and I have a feeling it'll only get worse before it gets better...

It’s usually me who starts this thread!! :laugh:
it’s ridiculous though. I had to ask 2 diff guys same spot not 20 min apart to stop blinding me, it’s a freaking lit area! :banghd:

I think it's the new world order. I also think they don't know any better. :shrug:

Don't get me started on the close boat encounters, my latest pet peeve. :banghd:

5 hours ago, mikez2 said:

It frigging sux getting blinded by your 10x too bright headlamps.

Learn to fish in the dark like a grownup or at least show some common courtesy by not shining in people's faces every time you cast.

A holes.

That is all.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/dark-adaptation-of-the-human-eye-and-the-value-of-red-flashlights.htm

maybe if some of these monkeys would read....

One area I fish you can drive up to the water. I don't understand why people drive up and leave their car lights on. Nothing like car lights on when your fishing. Ticks me off. You can't see anything with your car lights on. Shut them off.

My latest report post I referenced this; three dopes with their high beam headlamps on looking at the water. Meanwhile they don't realize they're casting over the fish. I won't tell them haha. Save the fish!

There needs to be a sticky somewhere onsite that outlines best practices and common courtesy when it comes to seeing and using headlamps at night....

Rule #1: If you absolutely *need* to have a white headlamp on for some imp task.. or for moving over an area safely where red light just won't cut it-- never, and I mean NEVER look at some other angler in the face. You just blinded them and killed their night vision. Great job, jackass

Truth #1: If you're walking down a sandy beach.. under a full moon.. with a white headlamp on continuously...and then  intentionally spotlight darked-out anglers you come upon as you go-- you're a jackass

All I use for fishing is a Princeton Tec Impulse, 10 blazing red lumens. The light clips onto the brim of my hat and I barely know it's there.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

19 hours ago, mikez2 said:

It frigging sux getting blinded by your 10x too bright headlamps.

Learn to fish in the dark like a grownup or at least show some common courtesy by not shining in people's faces every time you cast.

A holes.

That is all.

I don't fish anywhere you do, heck I don't even live in your state, but I feel your pain.

I spend most all my time fishing at night time. When guys show up with their bazillion lumen head lamps, it not only ruins the night time ambience, but it can quickly ruin a night time bite. 

This is especially so when chasing big walleye in shallow near shore water. A 30in walleye has eye balls as big as a grown man, one flash of a headlamp on the water is like an atomic bomb going off in that fishes face. It turns them off and drives them deep in a flash.

Edited by Beastly Backlash

Learned how to catch, admire and release most good fish without the lamp. I personally am not into fish worship. No need to advertise what you stuck if there's eyes around. All some need is to see the flash of that big white belly and you'll have company. Act like you've been there before, grin with appreciation on what you just released and onto the next cast.  

Some of these younger guys just started going outside last week for Christ sake. They are unprepared and scared of their own shadow. And you all think they are going to give up their security blanket and shut those lights off? No chance. That is all. 

Its a losing battle...  Besides, if they have their white light on nonstop, they are likely doing many other things completely wrong .    It's ridiculous out there