JBstripes

Braided line for Stradic 1000

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys , so I just picked up a stradic FL 1000 over the weekend .  I have a couple 2500’s that are set up with 10 lb braid .  Just looking for a little feedback as to what line you guys are running on your 1000’s ?   Should I stick with the 10 or go slightly lighter .   I’m not even sure what rod I’m gonna pair the reel with yet , but I’ll mostly likely use the combo for creek/river smallie and trout fishing . I like thin “soft “ braid for smaller set ups rather then some of the “rougher” braid 

8-10LB should be fine. I have been using powerpro V2 on my freshwater reels this year. So far so good. I have 10lb on my vanford 2k and 15lb on my stella 2.5k.

I use Sufix 832 on all my SW and FW reels.  I currently have 6# on a 1000 size reel.  It would be perfect for what you are going to do with it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I use the original FireLine in 6 lb on my 1000 & 2000 series Stradics FW reels.

Edited by JAL

Been a long time 4lb mono user.  Since I was unable to find a new spool to put on my Smoke S3 15, I opted for 6lb. Fireline.  

I have a feeling that this is going to lead to the early demise of this reel, as I use it for UL Carp fishing along with trout fishing.

The 4lb mono would allow me to land about 1/2 of my carp hook-ups; they would head for a snag, or just flat out run the line out.  Now with the extra line 'beef' I will have to see how long this little reel will last. The last UL , a Quantum Energy PT 15 lasted about 15 years of pretty hard fishing.

8 hours ago, Spigola said:

I use Sufix 832 on all my SW and FW reels.  I currently have 6# on a 1000 size reel.  It would be perfect for what you are going to do with it.

X2

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have had excellent results with 6 lb. Daiwa J braid on my light and ultra light outfits.  It cast great, ties excellent knots, is quiet and smooth through the guides and even casts great on rods that have small low profile guides. 

I have had the same J Braid on two reels for 5 years.

832 has better abrasion resistance initially, but the color does not last and last 5 to 10' fuzzes up and flattens out after a lot of casts and weakens. It also gets rougher as the gore thread wears out and feels papery.

Edited by Long Wader

Hey thanks for the reply’s guys .  So it’s sounded like 6lb is the way to go .  I’m gonna stop at my local shop after work and get it spooled up .  Probably gonna go with j braid, since I have that on some of my inshore reels and like it . If they don’t have that maybe I’ll give the fire line a try 

12 hours ago, JBstripes said:

Hey thanks for the reply’s guys .  So it’s sounded like 6lb is the way to go .  

With braid you have to go by diameter, the PE system works great - you're looking for PE 0.6 - 0.8 imo, and my personal recommendation is YGK Upgrade X8 in 14lb (PE0.6)