mark d

penn wish list

5 posts in this topic

torque 12 (in black) with the penn 350 level wind. why did you guys get away from that level wind idea ? it was genius

Hi Mark,

The Torque SD only became popular when they went on clearance for 1/2 price, prior to that, at a retail price of $450 we could not move many.  Anything is possible (look at the 704/706Z, 117L) but I highly doubt we will bring the Torque SD back.  

tony 

yeah i would not have bought one if it had not been 1/2 price because i'm cheap and i had that base covered a couple different ways (newell g-220, squidder 46) but knowing what i know now i would probably cough up the dough. that is a sweet little machine.

how come you guys never used that penn 350 levelwind system again ? it was genius. a levelwind that does not hurt distance. i have a 350 that i like to play with but it is too big for anything i do

Mark,

The 350 and that level line system was discontinued 30 years ago.  My guess is slow sales was the cause for us to stop production.  No plans to re-introduce that style level line system.  

tony