TheLuckyStrike

Night time

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GeoffT said:

I hardly surfcast anymore but have had epic fall nights when there were sandeels around.  One big exception was on one of my last night forays as a surfcaster at Sandy Hook about 8 or 9 years ago in November when I stumbled onto a rare (rare because it was late at night) peanut bunker blitz with fish up to 44" on literally every cast throwing an olive Big Don ML swimmer.  I still have that swimmer :)

Fake news  Everyone know that the peanuts go deep at night.  :wee:

1 hour ago, TheLuckyStrike said:

I suspected that was ur move lol wasn’t sure how old you are. I do agree with you unfortunately. 

He's old. You can be sure of that.

2 hours ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

prolly 15 years ago, mid November, Montauk, under the light. 

Montauk, NJ? 

18 hours ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

prolly 15 years ago, mid November, Montauk, under the light. 

A real surfcasting mecca.  Block Island, Cuttyhunk too. 

Too bad there's nothing remotely close in NJ.

12/14/20, sandeels and shad as bait.  I have 13 bass 26" to 30" in the log.  Green a17 at night.....I think I remember a thread discussing if the ava was good at night lol. 

There was one winter about 10 years ago that was incredibly warm, and we had this bizarre explosion of white legger (I think that’s the species) crab population from December right through late January.  The piles of crab sheds on the beach were impressive.  The fish were fat, aggressive, and stacked up.  Some nights as long as you hit the water you got bit immediately, especially if you matched the plug color to the orange color of the crabs. Fished a few nights in February that year and caught a few, but nothing like the late December/early January.