JoelJ

Lamiglas still in business?

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, JoelJ said:

Contradicting myself? What more proof do you want? My imagination? Did you see the picture? Make me un-believe . . . If there's anyone who can disprove and make me unbelieve is Lami themselves ... which unfortunately they are ignoring all attempts at follow-up AND the main reason why this thread was started -  - a mere "we'll look into this" won't be so hard, or is it?

I do not know the situation on why this happened.  So many possible scenarios.  Was the box dinged, did you travel with a bucktail clipped to a guide, did you bump the rail in your pic, how do you store it and so on. 

It doesn't take much in terms of contact you make with the rod into something else that can compromise the blank.  I see a ton of people travel form spot to spot with a bucktail clipped to a guide and it slaps the blank in travel.  Then the rod breaks and the owner complains of a default.  Bottom line, it sucks this happened to you but you are definitely in the minority.       

Edited by fishless

1 hour ago, z-man said:

Those Mojos were a crappy product too. At least with St Croix you probably didn’t get the run around from the warranty department. 

I was spending $100+ a year in replacement tip sections.  That's just ridiculous.

3 mins ago, fishless said:

I do not know the situation on why this happened.  So many possible scenarios.  Was the box dinged, did you travel with a bucktail clipped to a guide, did you bump the rail in your pic, how do you store it and so on. 

. . . Beginning of post #13

It doesn't take much in terms of contact you make with the rod into something else that can compromise the blank.  I see a ton of people travel form spot to spot with a bucktail clipped to a guide and it slaps the blank in travel.  Then the rod breaks and the owner complains of a default. Bottom line, it sucks this happened to you but you are definitely in the minority.       

. . . Agreed . . . but that kind of break on the strongest part of the rod in that situation?  I dunno . . . unless . . .

2 mins ago, Kima said:

I was spending $100+ a year in replacement tip sections.  That's just ridiculous.

. . . try the other end -- the strongest end . . . just totally ridiculous-er :eek:

1 hour ago, z-man said:

Those Mojos were a crappy product too. At least with St Croix you probably didn’t get the run around from the warranty department. 

I was spending $100+ a year in replacement tip sections.  That's just ridiculous.  I loved fishing the rod but there's only so many times I can break something before I give up on it.

Edit: no Idea how I managed no post this twice...

Edited by Kima

3 mins ago, Kima said:

I was spending $100+ a year in replacement tip sections.  That's just ridiculous.  I loved fishing the rod but there's only so many times I can break something before I give up on it.

Edit: no Idea how I managed no post this twice...

Why were they charging you so much money? I thought you just had to pay to ship the broken rod back and they take care of everything else?

Just now, z-man said:

Why were they charging you so much money? I thought you just had to pay to ship the broken rod back and they take care of everything else?

$35 for a tip section, times the 3 I broke

10 mins ago, JoelJ said:

. . . try the other end -- the strongest end . . . just totally ridiculous-er :eek:

Good luck in your search for a replacement rod.  For what's its worth Tsunami makes an affordable rod with the best customer service I've ever had the pleasure to work with.  And St. Croix has the best warranty.  You have solid options. 

Here’s another thought.

You bought a rod on clearance, didn’t pay full price and are dissatisfied with lack of warranty claim and the fact it broke.

Most clearance rods have a one year warranty.

Rather than bash Lami here move on and buy a St.Croix or ODM.

There is more to your story than “I call it like I see it”.

What is this about?

I read what you wrote.

You stated you didn’t care if they warrantied the rod or not.

How long have you had this rod?

Yet you want a response from a company because you want a free rod because you were too cheap to buy one at full price.

I understand a whole lot about where you are coming from, don’t  need to read slower.

Please move on and buy an ugly stick, those don’t break.

And yes they are still in business seen lots of their rods and blanks at the tackle store today

Edited by LowEnd

1 hour ago, JoelJ said:

Try reading slower . . . you might be able to understand what this is all about . . .

I read your first post. You wrote  you filed two claims.  Then in a follow up thread you said that you don’t care if Lamiglas does not honor the claim. You followed by saying that you did not file a claim and it was Lamiglas who filed the claim for you. 
You don’t remember when you bought the rod and you can’t prove you are the original owner and it had been number of years since you bought it. You don’t want to call Lamiglas because you want to keep documented records. So what exactly are you looking for?

Are you waiting for Lamiglas to call you back? 

1 hour ago, levari said:

I read your first post. You wrote  you filed two claims.  Then in a follow up thread you said that you don’t care if Lamiglas does not honor the claim. You followed by saying that you did not file a claim and it was Lamiglas who filed the claim for you. 

... Yes, and that is to correct myself and  explained to keep it straight... you want to dwell on it go ahead ...

You don’t remember when you bought the rod and you can’t prove you are the original owner and it had been number of years since you bought it.

... you want me to prove I'm the original owner when I explicitly said I bought it directly from the Lami website?? Seriously?  Think about it... Yes, and I don't know when exactly I purchased hence included the serial# hoping it help Lami track purchase date and manufacture history... did you miss that part also? I'm not surprised.. .

You don’t want to call Lamiglas because you want to keep documented records. So what exactly are you looking for?

... as I also stated that was  what Lami instructed in their email reply when they opened the claim - to use that email string... did you miss that as well?

Are you waiting for Lamiglas to call you back? 

... Yes, I EXPECT them to get back to me by whatever means suits them ... Anything else You want to add? ... Oh, by the way, I'm still waiting for you to say something - ANYTHING about what you think about that broken part ... you said EVERYTHING questioning my own experience on this matter and my motives except that part ... makes me wonder what true agenda is ...