JoelJ

Lamiglas still in business?

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

37 mins ago, LowEnd said:

The fact that levari is defending Lamiglas while he is St.Croix fan makes him a unbiased consumer. He is being a voice of reason.

For every one unhappy Lami customer I’m positive there are dozens who are happy.

To call the product crap is ridiculous.

If warranty is the most important factor in your rod purchase than please buy St. Croix.

Any rod can break from any manufacturer, seen them all broken.

Never had an issue with Lami’s warranty as I have broke two and they were replaced.

Have nearly 20 other Lami’s that never have let me down.
The rods I have don’t need a warranty.

If they read my posts and try to understand they may figure out that I am not defending Lamiglas. I am just asking questions and clarification. And just for your info in the last month I bought 3 ODM genesis rods so linking my posts to StCroix is wrong thing to do..

Edited by levari

20 mins ago, LowEnd said:

My bad, thought you had Legends for some reason.

I do, I also have few lamiglas.. I am collecting them for over 30 years. :)

1 hour ago, LowEnd said:

The fact that levari is defending Lamiglas while he is St.Croix fan makes him a unbiased consumer. He is being a voice of reason.

For every one unhappy Lami customer I’m positive there are dozens who are happy.

To call the product crap is ridiculous.

If warranty is the most important factor in your rod purchase than please buy St. Croix.

Any rod can break from any manufacturer, seen them all broken.

Never had an issue with Lami’s warranty as I have broke two and they were replaced.

Have nearly 20 other Lami’s that never have let me down.
The rods I have don’t need a warranty.

Have been using lamiglas for 30 years and never broke one, and even if I did and they didn’t honor a warranty I’d still buy another because I love their rods that much 

12 hours ago, JoelJ said:

. . . Here's my "narrative" in case I missed some details and people missed some parts and just so nothing is implied as well . . .

. . . I sent an email with pictures and narrative how I broke the rod . . . and what I discovered (see the pictures) => my email was primarily report to them what I discovered when the rod broke and get an explanation . . .

. . . Got a reply same day (BRAVO!!!) from (Lamiglas Express Replacement Program) <support@lamiglas.zendesk.com>) asking for a receipt. I replied back I don't have the receipt and that I bought it from their website as an On sale/Discontinued Item . . . (sent them pic of Serial # hoping it helps) . . .

. . . Got a reply promptly (all the same day of original email) with a Claim Request Number -- I did not expressly submit a claim myself - they basically did it for me . . . and email further stated "To add additional comments, reply to this email. So . . . 

. . . Followed up with weekly email -- since that was the instruction from them, and 2/ My preference anyway since it has date and time fully documented plus have proof of contact and content (avoid :bonk:) . . . hope provides some light to the phone people . . .

. . . Started this thread to share my personal experience and appreciate other people sharing their experiences - good and bad - . . . 

. . . And for the other contributors, thanks for providing another perspective . . .

. . . Carry on . . .

In your second post you claimed that Lamiglas deliberately sold you a defective rod but you ignored questions of how long you own this rod and why you removed the wrapping cork from the bottom section.

If I were you I would try to find out from the people around you if by any chance someone is involved with breaking the rod and gluing the two pieces together..

I don’t believe that the rod was sold to you in that shape.

1 hour ago, levari said:

In your second post you claimed that Lamiglas deliberately sold you a defective rod but you ignored questions of how long you own this rod and why you removed the wrapping cork from the bottom section.

If I were you I would try to find out from the people around you if by any chance someone is involved with breaking the rod and gluing the two pieces together..

Probably another fisherman sabotaged his rod when he wasn’t looking. Or it could just be a defect from the factory. Which seems more plausible?

13 hours ago, levari said:

If they read my posts and try to understand they may figure out that I am not defending Lamiglas. I am just asking questions and clarification. And just for your info in the last month I bought 3 ODM genesis rods so linking my posts to StCroix is wrong thing to do..

You have been a strong advocate of the St. Croix warranty program over the years so that may have been where the idea of you being a fan of the brand came from.

2 hours ago, levari said:

Yes, and still strongly believe that. I call it as I see it. For once say something, ANYTHING about the evidence presented to you. During the whole course of this thread you've said everything EXCEPT what that picture tells you :waiting:

I might've missed that part how long I've owned it but did not intentionally ignore it. I have nothing to hide and I have NO HIDDEN AGENDA. That's the reason I sent them the pic showing the Serial# hoping it helps them track when it was bought and any history as to it's manufacture.

Why I removed the wrapping? Seriously? How am going to show the extent of the break / damage it I don't??

Believe what you want. I call it as I see it and not let my imagination dictate what I say . . . now you are telling me what to do and accusing people around me? Maybe that's what YOU normally do to the people "around you" but definitely the people around me are beyond that. 

That rod broke and that is what was there and presented. Believe what you want.

Be more creative with your spin machine . . . I know you can do better.

Edited by JoelJ

21 hours ago, z-man said:

Why do some people try to defend what appears to be a crappy product with even crappier customer service. These are expensive rods that should be able to be used for fishing. Who wants to have their trip ruined with a broken rod and then have to deal with a warranty program and pay more money for shipping of a replacement. I fishing rod should last a long time and shouldn’t break unless it is stepped on or shut in a car door. If it breaks while casting or catching a fish then there are some serious R&D problems going on. 

Crappy product?  I was breaking 4 Mojos a year before I smartened up. Started using GSBs 3 years ago and haven't broken one (fishing) since.

28 mins ago, Kima said:

Crappy product?  I was breaking 4 Mojos a year before I smartened up. Started using GSBs 3 years ago and haven't broken one (fishing) since.

Those Mojos were a crappy product too. At least with St Croix you probably didn’t get the run around from the warranty department. 

1 hour ago, JoelJ said:

I call it as I see it and not let my imagination dictate what I say

So without proof your announcing to all that read this that you believe they sold you a damaged rod.  And that's not letting your imagination dictate what you say????  You're contradicting yourself.   

2 hours ago, JoelJ said:

Yes, and still strongly believe that. I call it as I see it. For once say something, ANYTHING about the evidence presented to you. During the whole course of this thread you've said everything EXCEPT what that picture tells you :waiting:

I might've missed that part how long I've owned it but did not intentionally ignore it. I have nothing to hide and I have NO HIDDEN AGENDA. That's the reason I sent them the pic showing the Serial# hoping it helps them track when it was bought and any history as to it's manufacture.

Why I removed the wrapping? Seriously? How am going to show the extent of the break / damage it I don't??

Believe what you want. I call it as I see it and not let my imagination dictate what I say . . . now you are telling me what to do and accusing people around me? Maybe that's what YOU normally do to the people "around you" but definitely the people around me are beyond that. 

That rod broke and that is what was there and presented. Believe what you want.

Be more creative with your spin machine . . . I know you can do better.

One more time: How long do you own this rod?

min your first post you wrote that you filed two claims. Now you suggest that you sent and email asking for explanation and Lamiglas filed the claim. I can’t keep up with you because you change your story time after time. And why do you need to keep documented records instead of calling? Are you planning to sue Lamiglas?

They may sue you for you posting that they deliberately sold you broken rod.

Edited by levari

1 hour ago, Kima said:

Exactly ... and this rod (a GSB blank I believe) to break like that on what should be the strongest part is quite telling . . .

1 hour ago, SurffisherMike said:

The problem at lamiglas is not with their product its with management. they are making mistakes in how they are handling themselves now. 

Couldn't have said any better ...

1 hour ago, fishless said:

So without proof your announcing to all that read this that you believe they sold you a damaged rod.  And that's not letting your imagination dictate what you say????  You're contradicting yourself.   

Contradicting myself? What more proof do you want? My imagination? Did you see the picture? Make me un-believe . . . If there's anyone who can disprove and make me unbelieve is Lami themselves ... which unfortunately they are ignoring all attempts at follow-up AND the main reason why this thread was started -  - a mere "we'll look into this" won't be so hard, or is it?

Edited by JoelJ

6 mins ago, levari said:

One more time: How long do you own this rod?

AND, One more time. I don't remember. Maybe you should read slower . . . Maybe putting it in bold font will help?

"That's the reason I sent them the pic showing the Serial# hoping it helps them track when it was bought and any history as to it's manufacture."