JoelJ

Lamiglas still in business?

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 5:23 AM, ged said:

When my brand new GSB exploded on the 3rd cast it was replaced with another legend. 

Too bad Lamiglas didn’t do anything to honor their warranty. 

CB6D582F-6BC7-4E0C-ABB9-6BFFC0B4A356.jpeg

988B907C-BD6A-4573-A5CA-84E5A58113E2.jpeg

Not gonna lie, that picture makes it look like you hit the steel rail on a cast. 

Hope that wasn't the pic you used ;)

For real tho, I'm curious why they didn't honor the warranty too?

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 mins ago, SurfcasterJim said:

Not gonna lie, that picture makes it look like you hit the steel rail on a cast. 

Hope that wasn't the pic you used ;)

For real tho, I'm curious why they didn't honor the warranty too?

That was my thought too. You can see what looks like the rubbing of the rail in the top part.

We asked @ged what the explanation  they gave him his but he chose not to answer.

Edited by levari

1 hour ago, z-man said:

Why do some people try to defend what appears to be a crappy product with even crappier customer service. These are expensive rods that should be able to be used for fishing. Who wants to have their trip ruined with a broken rod and then have to deal with a warranty program and pay more money for shipping of a replacement. I fishing rod should last a long time and shouldn’t break unless it is stepped on or shut in a car door. If it breaks while casting or catching a fish then there are some serious R&D problems going on. 

Why do some people try to defend, because this is a public forum to discuss issues like this.  And it is important to note that not all experiences are the same.  The customer service in my experience was good, the rod was replaced and there has not been an issue since.  But is that not allowed to be shared because that contradicts your narrative?

10 mins ago, fishless said:

Why do some people try to defend, because this is a public forum to discuss issues like this.  And it is important to note that not all experiences are the same.  The customer service in my experience was good, the rod was replaced and there has not been an issue since.  But is that not allowed to be shared because that contradicts your narrative?

What’s my narrative? I don’t own any Lamiglass rods except for an old trout fly rod someone gave me.  I’m just commenting on how many people here are listing problems they had with broken rods and bad customer service but people are defending the company and trying to place all the blame on the consumer for misuse or not contacting the warranty department properly. It’s some strange “fan boy” situation going on. 

30 mins ago, z-man said:

What’s my narrative? I don’t own any Lamiglass rods except for an old trout fly rod someone gave me.  I’m just commenting on how many people here are listing problems they had with broken rods and bad customer service but people are defending the company and trying to place all the blame on the consumer for misuse or not contacting the warranty department properly. It’s some strange “fan boy” situation going on. 

Three people to be exact. The OP broke a rod that was discontinue for over five years or more, ged that does not tell us why his claim was rejected and one guy that bought two cheap rods ($140 list price) and got his money back from the retailer. Is that the data that you base your negative judgement on ?

On 10/12/2021 at 8:17 AM, fishless said:

What was their reason for not honoring the warranty?  There has to be an explanation why 1 person's warranty is honored and your is not.

Fishing in the CCC voids all warranties....lmao

6 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Fishing in the CCC voids all warranties....lmao

Wasn't there a thread maybe a year or so ago of guy who was denied warranty by Lamiglas, simply because they fished near a bridge? I think I recall you chiming in that thread too. 

30 mins ago, levari said:

Three people to be exact. The OP broke a rod that was discontinue for over five years or more, ged that does not tell us why his claim was rejected and one guy that bought two cheap rods ($140 list price) and got his money back from the retailer. Is that the data that you base your negative judgement on ?

That’s enough broken rods for me to stay away from them. Since when is a $140 dollar rod a cheap rod? Is a $140 rod supposed to break? At what price point does a rod not break?

10 mins ago, z-man said:

That’s enough broken rods for me to stay away from them. Since when is a $140 dollar rod a cheap rod? Is a $140 rod supposed to break? At what price point does a rod not break?

You wrote that all the broken rods were expensive and I showed you that those rods were not expensive.

I did not suggest that $140 rod is supposed to break and I am also not negatively biased like you.

1 hour ago, z-man said:

What’s my narrative?  

You said...."Why do some people try to defend what appears to be a crappy product with even crappier customer service."

You act as if those of us who have had positive experiences should not be allowed to comment.  Then you proceed to label those with positive experiences.  Sounds like you're trying to create a narrative instead of allowing for a discussion or pros and cons.  

1 hour ago, levari said:

You wrote that all the broken rods were expensive and I showed you that those rods were not expensive.

I did not suggest that $140 rod is supposed to break and I am also not negatively biased like you.

A $140 rod is still an expensive rod. Do you realize that much of the world uses $20 rods from Walmart. A $140 rod should be a quality rod. It’s not some cheap junk like you make it out to be. You come across like some elitist that can’t be seen fishing with a $140 rod like the peasants use. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, z-man said:

A $140 rod is still an expensive rod. Do you realize that much of the world uses $20 rods from Walmart. A $140 rod should be a quality rod. It’s not some cheap junk like you make it out to be. You come across like some elitist that can’t be seen fishing with a $140 rod like the peasants use. 

To be exact most of the world use bamboo, line, nut and hook..

8944EB4E-5AD9-4437-88F2-740A14E4D2F3.jpeg

Edited by levari

8 mins ago, levari said:

To be exact most of the world use bamboo, line, nut and hook..

8944EB4E-5AD9-4437-88F2-740A14E4D2F3.jpeg

I wonder how their warranty program is? :laugh:

The fact that levari is defending Lamiglas while he is St.Croix fan makes him a unbiased consumer. He is being a voice of reason.

For every one unhappy Lami customer I’m positive there are dozens who are happy.

To call the product crap is ridiculous.

If warranty is the most important factor in your rod purchase than please buy St. Croix.

Any rod can break from any manufacturer, seen them all broken.

Never had an issue with Lami’s warranty as I have broke two and they were replaced.

Have nearly 20 other Lami’s that never have let me down.
The rods I have don’t need a warranty.

3 hours ago, levari said:

. . . Here's my "narrative" in case I missed some details and people missed some parts and just so nothing is implied as well . . .

. . . I sent an email with pictures and narrative how I broke the rod . . . and what I discovered (see the pictures) => my email was primarily report to them what I discovered when the rod broke and get an explanation . . .

. . . Got a reply same day (BRAVO!!!) from (Lamiglas Express Replacement Program) <support@lamiglas.zendesk.com>) asking for a receipt. I replied back I don't have the receipt and that I bought it from their website as an On sale/Discontinued Item . . . (sent them pic of Serial # hoping it helps) . . .

. . . Got a reply promptly (all the same day of original email) with a Claim Request Number -- I did not expressly submit a claim myself - they basically did it for me . . . and email further stated "To add additional comments, reply to this email. So . . . 

. . . Followed up with weekly email -- since that was the instruction from them, and 2/ My preference anyway since it has date and time fully documented plus have proof of contact and content (avoid :bonk:) . . . hope provides some light to the phone people . . .

. . . Started this thread to share my personal experience and appreciate other people sharing their experiences - good and bad - . . . 

. . . And for the other contributors, thanks for providing another perspective . . .

. . . Carry on . . .