JoelJ

Lamiglas still in business?

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

Topics like this are great. They tell me which companies to never do business with. 90 days for a warranty claim is pathetic. You’ll miss the entire fishing season waiting on a replacement. Also blaming Covid for poor customer service is lame. The employees can send an email or receive a phone call from their living room. It has nothing to do with Covid safety procedures. 

2 hours ago, levari said:

I’ve never understood why people who file warranty claims use emails to inquire the status of their claims instead of picking up the phone and calling the phone number provided to them for that purpose.

Many companies are extremely slow with email responses. The customer support people who are supposed to respond to emails are busy talking on phones to customers who dialed that number especially during the epidemic.

Me either! We could use a hundred sayings. Action makes things happen. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. ..etc

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, JoelJ said:

What makes you think I didn't. Oh, I know ... I implied, right?

I'm just sharing my personal experience, nothing more and nothing less. If you have no idea how good or bad they are, may I suggest you should try to find out yourself? Your benchmark of 15 years ago is a bit outdated ... just sayin' :howdy:...

You did not mention in any of your posts that you called, only emails. You also did not read the warranty information  page so I doubt you called the number listed on that page.

I have no reason to find out how good or bad they are since I am not planning to buy any of the Lami’s rods in the near future and the lamis that I own are over 15 years old.

Do you mind telling us how long you own this rod and why you peeled the cork wrapping in the bottom

part of the rod?

Edited by levari

As most of us do, we like to air our sour grapes here.

If anyone hasn’t noticed almost every company is having these issues not just Lami.

JoelJ, you were not sold a broken rod as new. What ever that is at the break is not an indication of a repair or an attempt to fix a defect.

If it is epoxy it might be excess from the butt cap installation, I doubt it would climb that far up though.

The bottom part of the blank is the strongest part of the rod. I’ve seen breaks at the reel seat from casting stress. For that break to occur there had to be extreme stress to that area. Weather it’s a defect or user error I can’t say for sure.

Friend of my got one of the new carbon surf rods.  He broke it relatively quickly and called and they replaced it.  Had to pay shipping but that was all. 

On 10/9/2021 at 10:57 AM, MattieG said:

Every couple months on here we see a bunch of threads regarding their customer service or warranty claims. Now before we go about mentioning Covid could have something to do with it… It’s certainly seemed things were headed downhill even before then. 

Hopefully they get back to you, don’t deny your warranty claim, or deny your warranty claim, and loose your broken rod as well. I personally am put off with ever buying another one of their rods with the amount of negative I’ve read about them these past couple years, I stick to St Croix.

Me too, cant bring myself to buy a lami. Got a legend on the way instead after my mojo blew up. Customer service and warranty was top notch, as it was last year when i had to use it too

Edited by Mlima5

6 hours ago, Mlima5 said:

Me too, cant bring myself to buy a lami. Got a legend on the way instead after my mojo blew up. Customer service and warranty was top notch, as it was last year when i had to use it too

When my brand new GSB exploded on the 3rd cast it was replaced with another legend. 

Too bad Lamiglas didn’t do anything to honor their warranty. 

CB6D582F-6BC7-4E0C-ABB9-6BFFC0B4A356.jpeg

988B907C-BD6A-4573-A5CA-84E5A58113E2.jpeg

Edited by ged

2 hours ago, ged said:

When my brand new GSB exploded on the 3rd cast it was replaced with another legend. 

Too bad Lamiglas didn’t do anything to honor their warranty. 

CB6D582F-6BC7-4E0C-ABB9-6BFFC0B4A356.jpeg

988B907C-BD6A-4573-A5CA-84E5A58113E2.jpeg

What was their reason for not honoring the warranty?  There has to be an explanation why 1 person's warranty is honored and your is not.

1 hour ago, fishless said:

What was their reason for not honoring the warranty?  There has to be an explanation why 1 person's warranty is honored and your is not.

I was wondering too.. They must have given a reason...

Following some advises I purchased two Lamiglas Insane spinning rods this season. Unfortunately I snapped 10ft M rod while casting 2 oz lure on the beach, the other one 10ft MH had a defective reel seat that was was not stable and the reel could suddenly turn left or right around the pole during fishing. It happened when I hooked a big bluefish and made me very sad. Returned both of them within the return window. I understand that Insane is an entry level product but based on my experience I will never buy another lamiglas product. 

13 hours ago, occasional_surfcaster said:

Following some advises I purchased two Lamiglas Insane spinning rods this season. Unfortunately I snapped 10ft M rod while casting 2 oz lure on the beach, the other one 10ft MH had a defective reel seat that was was not stable and the reel could suddenly turn left or right around the pole during fishing. It happened when I hooked a big bluefish and made me very sad. Returned both of them within the return window. I understand that Insane is an entry level product but based on my experience I will never buy another lamiglas product. 

Sounds like you didn't have any issues with the warranty correct?

26 mins ago, occasional_surfcaster said:

I did not have to use warranty as I returned both rods to the retailer

Gotcha, I'm thinking the store took em back and used the warranty on your behalf.  Not unheard of.  .  

Why do some people try to defend what appears to be a crappy product with even crappier customer service. These are expensive rods that should be able to be used for fishing. Who wants to have their trip ruined with a broken rod and then have to deal with a warranty program and pay more money for shipping of a replacement. I fishing rod should last a long time and shouldn’t break unless it is stepped on or shut in a car door. If it breaks while casting or catching a fish then there are some serious R&D problems going on.