JoelJ

Lamiglas still in business?

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

Just wondering . . .

I submitted a defective rod claim in their website with pics and narrative of incident in August 13. Received acknowledgement of submission. Followed up with weekly emails to see status or decision and/or if any action needs to be taken on my part but received no reply whatsoever. 

Re-submitted the same claim Sept. 13. Again, received acknowledgement of submission BUT then again, my weekly follow-up emails to see status or decision and/or if any action needs to be taken on my part but received no reply whatsoever. 

All I ask is just the courtesy of a reply regarding the status or decision on my claim from Lamiglas, . . . nothing else.  

All this talk about supporting an American company . . . and this is how they treat fellow Americans!

Every couple months on here we see a bunch of threads regarding their customer service or warranty claims. Now before we go about mentioning Covid could have something to do with it… It’s certainly seemed things were headed downhill even before then. 

Hopefully they get back to you, don’t deny your warranty claim, or deny your warranty claim, and loose your broken rod as well. I personally am put off with ever buying another one of their rods with the amount of negative I’ve read about them these past couple years, I stick to St Croix.

1 hour ago, squidder 329 said:

Search this site and you'll find lots of information on lamiglas, 95% bad.

That number is too low

2 hours ago, Derick Jahnke said:

Lamiglas is def under manned. But I have a feeling it goes deeper than that. I plan to drive up to Woodland, Monday after work. Will let you know what I see.

They seem to have a handle on social media however....

What good is advertising if you can't

back it up? 

I seem to get monthly emails from them.

Got one today.

I agree with calling them, the  first lami I broke was back in 2007 (a GLB 1081MH), mostly operator error and some rod. Rod angle a little to high when setting the drag that night

Replaced quickly, sent right to the builder. Just had to send in section where the break was.

Second rod I  broke was a pain in the ass to get replaced. Had to go back and forth for a good part of the season. Was my favorite rod (a 1201M) from 2003..

In the end the wait was worth because they came out with the Old School version of the 1201M and 1321M.

They again replaced with the Old School 1201M shipped the builder.

Both times only cost me the postage to send in the sections and the rewrap. 

Had a 1201L from 2003 that I also really liked, wish I  didn't sell it.

Have an ARRA 1205 wrapped casting (another excellent rod, blank from 2005, I'm trying to sell that one to, not listed here (Yet), need $ and want to just stick with spinning for now.

Just be a pain in the you know where and something will happen.

Those rod blanks from back then were fantastic and also had a lifetime warranty.

I broke a brand new GSB Skinner rod on vacation in Florida on the 3rd cast ever taken. They did not warranty that rod. Pretty sad. Casting a 2oz popper.  

49 mins ago, ged said:

I broke a brand new GSB Skinner rod on vacation in Florida on the 3rd cast ever taken. They did not warranty that rod. Pretty sad. Casting a 2oz popper.  

That’s awful. I’m a believer that if something is going to fail, it’s going to fail early in it’s life. When I hear things like this, it makes me think of manufacturing flaws, mishandling in transit, defective materials and components. I 20 year old have Ticas that won’t die, how can Lami think this is ok? 

20210813_102857.jpg.a56b4de3a10eb2cbede448184113261a.jpg20210813_103007.jpg.4511c429443585b67d37e3700051fe84.jpg

Mine broke not even on the cast ...

. . . Got bite and was taking rod out of spike/holder when it snapped . . . Notice how the break was pretty straight and clean and WTF is that white epoxy-looking thing doing there???. . . Material and workmanship my a$$ . . .

Deny my claim if they should -- I don't care -- but this deliberate act of selling an obviously defective rod which they tried to pass as new and ignoring all attempts to reach them reflects more on them than on anyone and anything else.

I broke a GSB 136-1-MH years ago that looked the same under the same circumstances. In MY case the drag was too tight and the the strike very violent. Something had to give and the blank did right where it was contacting the sand spike. The break was very even with no splinters almost like it had been cut with a tubing cutter or a hack saw. Taught me to check my drag and to ALWAYS hold the rod when bait fishing. YMMV.

Marc

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, JoelJ said:

20210813_102857.jpg.a56b4de3a10eb2cbede448184113261a.jpg20210813_103007.jpg.4511c429443585b67d37e3700051fe84.jpg

Mine broke not even on the cast ...

. . . Got bite and was taking rod out of spike/holder when it snapped . . . Notice how the break was pretty straight and clean and WTF is that white epoxy-looking thing doing there???. . . Material and workmanship my a$$ . . .

Deny my claim if they should -- I don't care -- but this deliberate act of selling an obviously defective rod which they tried to pass as new and ignoring all attempts to reach them reflects more on them than on anyone and anything else.

When and where did you buy this rod ? I don’t see it listed on their web site.

Did you read their warranty page? Did you call the number listed on the warranty page?

Please allow up to 90 days for warranty processing. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

For further questions, please contact us at: (240) 332-8045

Edited by levari