surfamerica

Brenton Point

Rate this topic

135 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, UPSmanMatt said:

If I'm honest, I kinda miss that guy. I miss Glenn too. 

Dont remember glenn? 

12 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

Of course. The old RI forum was insane. In a good way. Bobby versus mike was gold. 

Those pix of burning plugs were priceless. :laugh:

12 hours ago, Zubinac said:

So I'm not white and nor am I part of the Let's Go Brandon movement nor do I classify myself as a D or R. I like to believe I'm smart enough to know both sides are corrupt and no politician actually cares about me/us.

But I think what he and you both said are just what it is. It is the truth, it was a different time. No one is looking to cancel the history of our wonderful sport. But at the same time we can comment on the differences in the way they did things.

No one is posting this to social media and requesting a cancelling of anything. Lay off the conspiracy theories, no emergency broadcasts are going off. I'd like to believe we are grown enough to be able to point out differences between yesteryear and today without anyone taking it as an offense.

I'm more upset they are using what looks like ****ing 200lb test and caught cows and I got stripers being finicky about my 30lb test braid even with a 6 ft leader.

Polack? 

37 mins ago, bdowning said:

I was just thinking about that one, that was hilarious.  Back when half the rotation at times was SOL guys.

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

I was just thinking about that one, that was hilarious.  Back when half the rotation at times was SOL guys.

And one drunken doctor. 

2 hours ago, bdowning said:

Dont remember glenn? 

Landwave (Ryan) I forget why, but he got the nickname “Glenn” at one point. 

22 hours ago, UPSmanMatt said:

Landwave (Ryan) I forget why, but he got the nickname “Glenn” at one point. 

He’s a really good dude. We kept him around to help with our average. 

On 10/28/2021 at 8:02 AM, Kooky said:

Esteban, Chuck, Bobby. Stewie, Eddy (RIP) , Redsox Ticket, …. SOL when I was young. And RHM …. And when Huge thought that fishing was actually drinking but with a fishing pole. Oh and when rotations with seven dudes in the water worked like clockwork with 0 lights.  Kids today catch 24 inch bass every drift and think it’s a good night…. Ha. The good ol days.  

Edited by Odizza

9 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

He’s a really good dude. We kept him around to help with our average. 

First night we went out together, dude catches a 35 lb slob on his first cast. Frickin Green Hill people man... :wee:

2 hours ago, Odizza said:

Esteban, Chuck, Bobby. Stewie, Eddy (RIP) , Redsox Ticket, …. SOL when I was young. And RHM …. And when Huge thought that fishing was actually drinking but with a fishing pole. Oh and when rotations with seven dudes in the water worked like clockwork with 0 lights.  Kids today catch 24 inch bass every drift and think it’s a good night…. Ha. The good ol days.  

Haha I probably qualify as a kid and I’d pay to have some nice bass. I walked away from a breachway a few weeks ago when all we could catch we sub 28” fish. I feel bad for the little guys. 

4 hours ago, Odizza said:

Great post 

17 hours ago, UPSmanMatt said:

First night we went out together, dude catches a 35 lb slob on his first cast. Frickin Green Hill people man... :wee:

Some guys have a horseshoe up their kiester, :shaky: