surfamerica

Brenton Point

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2021 at 11:34 AM, JimmyBean said:

Korkers are an absolute must. Like others said above, I'd look at the area during the day, high and low tide to get an idea of what the water will look like. Anybody ever been bugged by police there? I don't really know what the deal is. I was told to leave once, just once, but I've been there countless times no problem. 

watch out for coyotes!

Was it in 2020 that you were kicked out? Seemed like last year there were a lot of access issues and spots that should be open but were “closed” because someone said so. 

2 hours ago, Finneus said:

Was it in 2020 that you were kicked out? Seemed like last year there were a lot of access issues and spots that should be open but were “closed” because someone said so. 

Which is weird because last year I was never bothered. Cops or otherwise.  For some reason this year there have been more people fishing spots that last year were completely empty. Maybe it’s still early and I’m remembering later season but it feels very crowded this year. 

35 mins ago, AClarke said:

Which is weird because last year I was never bothered. Cops or otherwise.  For some reason this year there have been more people fishing spots that last year were completely empty. Maybe it’s still early and I’m remembering later season but it feels very crowded this year. 

3 hours ago, Finneus said:

I’ll say as a New York resident Rhode Island has relatively excellent shore access. But yes, 2020 was the year of “because I said so.” Makes sense. 

2 hours ago, chipwood said:

I knew that you were a clown once you asked, "Do I need Korkers?" Thats like asking should I bring my fishing rod?

It’s funny because it’s true. 

29 mins ago, JimmyBean said:

I’ll say as a New York resident Rhode Island has relatively excellent shore access. But yes, 2020 was the year of “because I said so.” Makes sense. 

Yes, RI access is great compared to NY or CT. Hopefully it stays that way. 

7 hours ago, Finneus said:

Yes, RI access is great compared to NY or CT. Hopefully it stays that way. 

The New Yawkers and  CT's have been moving here and trying hard to change that for the last decade or two

On 10/7/2021 at 9:36 PM, surfamerica said:

are corkers needed there?

if you are asking this questions it is not safe for you to fish that spot. Learn to walk before you learn to run.

Yesterday the swells were forecasted 5-7ft. It was quite a scene some of those waves crashing close to the road far in.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't use Korkers all the time, if you fish from shore and its sand you don't need Korkers. Its not that difficult of a question.

SurfAmerica - Keep in mind this forum isn't a good place to ask questions about fishing.  Good place to complain and tell people there are no fish. 

If you ask a question it means you don't know something which means you're a noob and will generally be insulted vs given some good advice.

So my take on Brenton Point is:

Its a rocky spot with large rocks and ledge in a wide spread area. The bottom is also rocks in most places and tends to be a decent spot for Tog. Definitely need Korkers there.  Not the best spot for Stripers vs. most of the other popular places. If you're after Tog, give it a shot if not look elsewhere.

Edited by Goddard park Boat Ramp

5 hours ago, Goddard park Boat Ramp said:

I don't use Korkers all the time, if you fish from shore and its sand you don't need Korkers. Its not that difficult of a question.

SurfAmerica - Keep in mind this forum isn't a good place to ask questions about fishing.  Good place to complain and tell people there are no fish. 

If you ask a question it means you don't know something which means you're a noob and will generally be insulted vs given some good advice.

So my take on Brenton Point is:

Its a rocky spot with large rocks and ledge in a wide spread area. The bottom is also rocks in most places and tends to be a decent spot for Tog. Definitely need Korkers there.  Not the best spot for Stripers vs. most of the other popular places. If you're after Tog, give it a shot if not look elsewhere.

You should go to the top of the thread and read it all. The guy got nothing but good advice until he decided to be a dick. After that, it was still mostly him insulting Rhode Island guys.

Instead of joining a group and starting out being a dick, it would have been better to lurk for awhile and read old threads. Not only will most questions already be answered in past threads, but you/he would have known "there are no fish in Rhode Island" has been a running gag on this forum for years.