surfamerica

Brenton Point

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JimmyBean said:

Korkers are an absolute must. Like others said above, I'd look at the area during the day, high and low tide to get an idea of what the water will look like. Anybody ever been bugged by police there? I don't really know what the deal is. I was told to leave once, just once, but I've been there countless times no problem. 

watch out for coyotes!

I fish out there a lot and have never been bugged by the police. I’m surprised they bothered you at all. Pretty much any time of night before 2 am there are cars parked out there enjoying nature’s grass. If those people aren’t getting kicked out idk why the cops would bug a fisherman. 

And for surfamerica…. Not sure why you’re surprised people are giving you a hard time. You have been told by multiple people it’s rocky, tidal swings are extreme, waves can sneak up on you and it can be just plain dangerous. Basic surfcasting/shore casting gear is required, including korkers. I would throw in a wading belt, knife, and light if those weren’t obvious already. Not to mention asking general questions like “is it productive” about a  spot that’s borderline to specific is going to get you some flak. 

Like I and another user have said you’re best bet is to go scout it yourself and just go fishing if you want to know if it’s productive. 

1 hour ago, surfamerica said:

All jerkoffs.

Get out and wet a line.. what do you expect? no one is going to tell you where the fish are... 

2 hours ago, JimmyBean said:

Korkers are an absolute must. Like others said above, I'd look at the area during the day, high and low tide to get an idea of what the water will look like. Anybody ever been bugged by police there? I don't really know what the deal is. I was told to leave once, just once, but I've been there countless times no problem. 

watch out for coyotes!

I've never been bothered there and I'm an "out of towner"/ MA plates.

12 mins ago, natejeep said:

I've never been bothered there and I'm an "out of towner"/ MA plates.

I guess they just dislike NY plates. Told me the park was "closed" 

20 mins ago, surfamerica said:

Always kill it there.

You call people jerkoffs after they tell you exactly what type of conditions to expect? I hope you do stick to Quonnie with the rest of the tourists and leave everyone else alone. 

1 hour ago, JimmyBean said:

I guess they just dislike NY plates. Told me the park was "closed" 

Could be, usually the newport cops stick around town with the occasional patrol out around that area but I rarely see them pull into the park itself. Technically the park is “closed” after dark but I’ve walked past cops out there plenty of times and they haven’t even ever slowed down. Could have been just a grumpy cop. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Man, go kick rocks. Don't come to our state and ask for info on our spots then call everybody jerkoffs because you're too much of a pansy to go see for yourself. Enjoy shoulder to shoulder fishing with the rest of the tourists you rusty bullet hole.

Edited by Sleve