surfamerica

Brenton Point

Rate this topic

135 posts in this topic

Just be careful if there are waves. Lots of areas to fish so if you aren’t getting any love, walk to the next spot.

If you’re not familiar with the area I’d be careful especially with high tide and any waves. It’s rocky and relatively shallow with some deeper holes and sections, at least as far as where you can cast from shore. At high tide you can walk to the edge of the flats if you know where they are but if there is any sort of wave action you’ll be limited to the number of spots you can get to, which will mostly be the higher rock points. If you have the time I recommend scouting it at low tide to get a feel for the structure and seeing what the productive water  could be once it floods. 

Watch for waves sneaking up "behind" you too, espec on a moon tide. Your head needs to be on a swivel. 

Put any valuables out of sight in your vehicle when you head to the water, especially at night. Break ins are a regular thing down there. Lotsa creepers around there in the middle of the night.

Korkers are an absolute must. Like others said above, I'd look at the area during the day, high and low tide to get an idea of what the water will look like. Anybody ever been bugged by police there? I don't really know what the deal is. I was told to leave once, just once, but I've been there countless times no problem. 

watch out for coyotes!